Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

City of Brotherly Love

Philthadelphia
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

just list them already you jew
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Probably something along the lines of Birthplace of Independence.

City of Brotherly Love (as dio said)

Illadelph

Something about Cheesesteaks

??

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 03, 2014, 02:59:42 PM
Probably something along the lines of Birthplace of Independence.

Cradle of Liberty, you big stupid.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

I'd never heard Illadelph. COBL, philthadelphia and Philly for short. When I was young we used to talk about how the Schuylkill Expressway should have had a banner over it saying "Welcome to the Republic of Rizzo," that was our nickname. Arguably at its worst then as a police state, which is saying something.

PhillyPhreak54

Ahhh the good ol schuykill expy....how I miss driving that road

Sgt PSN

The Schuylkill is pretty much a 24hr parking lot now between Philly and KOP.  The amount of commuting in and out of the city all day, every day is getting crazy.  Used to be (as recently as 5 or 6 years ago) a quick 20 min drive from Norristown down to Philly at 6:30am on Sunday's to tailgate.  Last season it would take 45min to an hour....and it wasn't even game traffic.  And there's really no room to widen it at all anywhere during that stretch of highway either. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. I drove it into the city a couple times last time I was home and I wanted to drive into the river.

That whole area is nuts with traffic. So many people live there now. Even in my town Phoenixville the traffic is stupid. Try taking 23 through valley forge at rush hour. All two lane roads. And people use my moms street as a cut through now. Those cocks speed down the road like crazy.

BigEd76

Cradle of Liberty was #5

#2 was The Quaker City
#3 was The City That Loves You Back
#4 was The City of Neighborhoods

PhillyPhreak54

City of neighborhoods?!

QB Eagles

I thought "The City That Loves You Back" was a lame-ass slogan invented by tourism marketers, not an actual nickname.

"The City of Neighborhoods" is a rare and idiotic one. Most big cities in the USA have relatively well-defined neighborhoods. An even more rare and more idiotic one I've heard is "The City of Homes". To differentiate Philly from all those cities without homes, I guess.

General_Failure

Like Detroit, you mean.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Philadelphia Tourism Bureau commercial idea

(scene opens with a wide shot of Center City and the camera pans towards the Schuykill Expressway after a nice shot of Boathouse Tow...)

***Italian guy sitting in his Amoroso's delivery truck during a huge traffic jam and horns are honking. Some driver in a BMW cuts in front of our protagonist. He slides open his door and begins to address the BMW driver...***

"Yo buddy! farg you!", he says with a heavy Italian accent.

"Go farg your fat mother!" replies the BMW driver.

**cue music and large liberty bell logo with the slogan PHILADELPHIA: The city that loves you back.***

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/05/guy-whips-it-out-on-septa-gets-filmed-by-seatmate.html#comments

Dude has his dick out on the bus and stroking away while seated next to a girl. He actually shoots a load. And then acts shocked when called out.