Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on July 20, 2009, 01:04:12 PM
The psychological exams they administer to cops don't seem to be working very well.  Everywhere you turn you hear stories of cops losing it like that or having sex with bitches while they're on duty and that's not even counting the ones on the take or kicking the shtein out of their wives and kids.

It's a zesty job and all, but goddamn, why does it seem like the only people police departments are getting these days are mental castoffs?

Because they are so short-handed they will hire any swinging dick who applies (for the most part). Houston Police cars have a HOD career website on them. And I believe they offer a nice signing bonus too. So with the economy the way it is now, people are applying and they are hiring like hell...with lower standards.

I read an article the other day on Texas Department of Criminal Justice, my former employer, on how their staff shortages are much smaller thanks to the economy. Its job security and even though their pay is ridiculously small, people are filling up those gray suits.

I used to want to be a cop. Until I realized that I would not make a lot of money doing it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Eagaholic

Not exactly Philly, but  wow

QuoteNPR.org, July 23, 2009 ยท The mayors of three New Jersey cities, two state legislators and five rabbis were among dozens of people rounded up by federal authorities Thursday morning in connection with a decade-long investigation into corruption, bribery and money laundering.

Starting at 6 a.m., more than 300 agents and local law enforcement officials fanned out to 54 different locations in New Jersey and New York to make the arrests and execute search warrants related to the probe.

...more http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106918289

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

ronnie polaneczky is a guest on cnn's amderican morning right now.....hittin the big time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

BigEd76

CSN will announce tomorrow that DNL is being cut from 90 minutes to 60, SportsNite is moving up to 6, and a half hour pregame of Phillies/Flyers/76ers will be at 6:30......basically what SNY, MSG and others have been doing for years...

MDS

what happens if there is no game. i need to not watch 90 minute dnl's.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

half hour pregame shows are painful if its not the nfl

PhillyGirl

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the cutting down DNL.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

I never watch it because I'm usually still in the office, but the times I saw it, it seemed like they were filling the last half hour with women's soccer coaches and no-names promoting books because they had nothing else to discuss...

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2009, 12:08:20 PM
no-names promoting books because they had nothing else to discuss...

no doubt
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.