Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 09:12:05 PM
the whole farging point of the tax is to ween people off awful soda....pepsi just help them do that...shout out pepsi corp

That's bullshtein because the tax is also on diet soda, Gatorade and freakin almond milk. My buddy owns a deli in Somerton and it's killing his business.

Sounds like a Hoyda who should move somewhere that'll deal with his bullshtein.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

diet soda and gatorade are awful for you and only sweetened almond milk is taxed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 21, 2017, 09:47:36 PM
Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 09:12:05 PM
the whole farging point of the tax is to ween people off awful soda....pepsi just help them do that...shout out pepsi corp

That's bullshtein because the tax is also on diet soda, Gatorade and freakin almond milk. My buddy owns a deli in Somerton and it's killing his business.

Sounds like a Hoyda who should move somewhere that'll deal with his bullshtein.

lol

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 09:47:44 PM
diet soda and gatorade are awful for you and only sweetened almond milk is taxed

Not nearly as bad as pies, cakes, donuts etc. Let's tax those too. farg it why stop there, let's tax cheesesteaks, roast pork sandwiches, scrapple and pretzels while we're at it.

MDS

cheesesteaks should be taxed further especially at places like pats and genos....the only people going there are tourists and south jersey/delco garbage before a flyers game. getting an extra 5% out of them is fine by me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 09:47:44 PM

Not nearly as bad as pies, cakes, donuts etc. Let's tax those too. farg it why stop there, let's tax cheesesteaks, roast pork sandwiches, scrapple and pretzels while we're at it.

im all for it...you are preaching to the choir brotha

SD

You don't live here why would you care?

ice grillin you

i care about all people...no matter where they live

SD

So you want poor citizens to pay higher prices? Let's be honest, the tax is going to hurt the lower class the most.

https://economics21.org/html/philly's-soda-tax-will-disproportionately-hurt-poor-2186.html

ice grillin you

im confused your buddy is going out of business AND people are paying more for soda?

or is he going out of business cause people arent buying soda anymore?

SD

People are going to Bensalem/Trevose to buy their deli meats/sandwiches/groceries. It's not so much about the money, it's that people are fed up with getting taxed for everything so they'll drive outside the city limits to make their purchases. Watch that video I posted.

Sgt PSN

So people are consuming more fuel in order to save a few bucks on soda tax?    Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

I'm all for taxing the shtein out of "unhealthy" food and drinks and tobacco products, etc, etc....as long as 100% of that money is being used to support a public health care system.  So if you want to drink 10 gallons of soda every day and eat Mikey D's and ice cream, at least with a higher tax you're already paying money into the diabetes treatment you'll eventually need.

ice grillin you

if you have the time and money to travel for a pepsi simply to make a statement then you got a pretty great life going for you..

and if its not the money they should support their neighborhood deli who they are putting out of business

MDS

most people who live in the city dont live close enough to a non-city store so its really affecting like 10 people...in fact many people in the city dont even drive and rely on septa. they shop at bodega's and corner stores. but i guess 1 dude in the far northeast is making slightly less omg omg

im an uppity liberal that goes to whole foods so what do i care
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD