Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Grab Burrito's on the way home too
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

No burritos but SD is dead on about the game...it's pretty kickass

Diomedes

My son and heir shoved a PSP disc into my PS3.  I cannot fish it out.

I'm going to dock him the replacement cost from his college/bail/abortion fund.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

So... Angry Birds, huh?

That game is fun and not at all addictive.

Diomedes

I can't get my Android phone to run it.  Crashes immediately.  Same with a baseball game I'm told is great fun.

The video game Gods hate me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

You could always play it on your computer. There's roughly 500 versions, and ten hojillion knockoffs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

This may shock you, but I am aware of that. 

When online at my computer, I enjoy other distractions which supersede stupid games.  This fantastic site, for example.

General_Failure

If you were IGY, I'd say I was flabb'regasted.

SD

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 05, 2011, 02:05:32 PM

Great game but even with the waypoint thingy on the map it's hard finding entrance points to places and figuring out what your objective is at times. I find myself googling a lot of shtein rather than roaming aimlessly around Arkham City.

General_Failure

I thought half the point of the game as floating aimlessly around just being the goddamn Batman.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on November 09, 2011, 10:49:11 PM
I thought half the point of the game as floating aimlessly around just being the goddamn Batman.

Fun at first but it gets old fast. Would probably be more fun floating aimlessly if I cared about collecting the Riddler trophies.

Seabiscuit36

Now you tell Tomahawk this. MW3 ftw
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Feva

Quote from: SD on November 09, 2011, 08:48:36 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 05, 2011, 02:05:32 PM

Great game but even with the waypoint thingy on the map it's hard finding entrance points to places and figuring out what your objective is at times. I find myself googling a lot of shtein rather than roaming aimlessly around Arkham City.

Great game, great story with a great ending.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: General_Failure on November 09, 2011, 10:49:11 PM

It is. That's one of the many things it gets right is that you actually feel like Batman. All the gadgets, detective work, predator stages, taking down 10 thugs at a time with ease.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews