Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I have recently discovered Vakyrie Chronicles for PS3. 

Fantastic game.  Turn based strategy combat johnson, replete with cute and semi-compelling japanimation cut scenes.  I'll sink at least 200 hours into this game, no question.  Last game I played that I liked as mush as this was Gladius.

bonus:  the sequel just came out.  for PSP.  which I happen to own on account of an otherwise totally inexplicable brand whore allegience to Sony. 

hey, we can't all own both.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Eastern Conference rosters for NBA Jam

Iguodala/Brand/Turner for the Sixers, or you can pick Dr J or Iverson

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 10, 2010, 05:51:09 PM
I have recently discovered Vakyrie Chronicles for PS3. 

Fantastic game.  Turn based strategy combat johnson, replete with cute and semi-compelling japanimation cut scenes.  I'll sink at least 200 hours into this game, no question.  Last game I played that I liked as mush as this was Gladius.

bonus:  the sequel just came out.  for PSP.  which I happen to own on account of an otherwise totally inexplicable brand whore allegience to Sony. 

hey, we can't all own both.

Definitely a great game. Also, you get special weapons later on when completing the missions in a certain amount of turns. So that will add more content to the game for you with the extra challenges.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

joneszilla

Anybody picking up Halo Reach tomorrow??

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Zanshin

I ordered it from Amazon, because they offered a $20 credit, so I should have it in a few days. I saw that Best Buy is giving a $20 gift card if you get it from them tomorrow.

It's doing very well in the reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-reach

SD

Dragon Age Origins is alright so far. I picked a human warrior. I don't like how slow your swings are, my guy swings then waits a few seconds before he swings again.

General_Failure

Did you go with a two-handed weapon? They're pretty slow, but do nice chunks of damage when they hit.

I went the sword and shield route for my warrior, since the game seems to make the nicest stuff specifically for that style.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I eventually went back to the sword and shield. What do I do with all this crap I'm collecting? Is there a way to use it to upgrade my weapons and armor and crap?

General_Failure

Sell it, or hold on to it for your henchmen. You can upgrade certain pieces of equipment with enchants from the little retarded dwarf kid, but eventually you'll find or buy better stuff.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on September 13, 2010, 07:01:46 PM
I eventually went back to the sword and shield. What do I do with all this crap I'm collecting? Is there a way to use it to upgrade my weapons and armor and crap?

I went with a dual wielding rogue, specialized in assassin and tried to specialize in dual but somehow the NPC that teaches it vanished and I never got to try it out.

regarding stuff:
first, buy every backpack you find at a vendor, they are worth every penny

second, some of that stuff is worth hanging onto.  gifts, for example, can become important if you want to learn a specialization from an NPC party member

finally, I found this very helpful for reference:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Chewed bones, however, you can sell. They're for the dog, and the dog never stops loving you.

SD

Good stuff and thanks guys. That link is great.

I like how you bang the blonde elf in the beginning then they try to guilt you when she gets killed.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on September 13, 2010, 08:53:06 PM
Chewed bones, however, you can sell. They're for the dog, and the dog never stops loving you.

If Fable and LOTR combined to make a video game it would be Dragon Age.

The BIGSTUD

Mages are where its at in that game. You can get an Arcane Warrior class and you can essentially be a mage that can wield swords, shields, etc.

Check that out if you give the game another playthrough. Also blood mage is fun to mess around with and really powerful.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.