Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Its old jerseys, here's the eagles one
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

The o-line dudes in those pics have some weirdly skinny arms.

Zanshin

Those Halo 3 vids on that kid's site look pretty sweet.

mussa

rented MLB 2K7 for 360 - its aiight - sure its fun once u can actually hit
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I won my first National Championship on NCAA, the recruiting process is awsome this year.  I really like that you can create players who you can target your recruiting towards.  I made a 6'7 WR who is an A+ rating player.  I named him Butt Secks
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it, but there looked to be still some of the same BS coverage stuff going on in there. I'm hoping it was the level.  Anyway, it has to be dramatically better than 07 on the 360, almost by default.

hbionic

I know some of you touched on 'The Bigs'....

This game is probably one of the top baseball games.

It is not too technical, its fast, stadium graphics are awesome, the defense can make errors....there is a brutal play at the plate where if you tap your button fast enough....the runner crushes the catcher or the catcher delivers a killer hit on the runner for the out.

You can rob home runs...you can over run bases, use turbo to run faster, throw faster, pitch faster, hit harder...

The game is effing fun!!!

The only drawback is that it does not have full rosters...but the game is addictive.

This is the only game other than MLB 2004 or slugfest that I have enjoyed. If you have any friends...and only of them likes to play video games with you...this is a must have game. Fun, fun, fun. It is rare nowadays to say that about any game.

R.I.P. Baseball stars and RBI baseball.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

The BIGSTUD

Rumors of GTA IV being pushed back a few weeks.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

MLB 2K7 is a pretty decent game. The only gripes were baserunning and sometimes fielding. Other than that, its pretty solid.

Watched that Madden video and was really impressed with the new animations, gang tackling and hit sticks.  It actually looks like the game of old also.  Also saw an awesome low hit stick on a receiver to break up a pass over the middle.  :yay :yay

Quasimoto

Quote from: mussa on August 02, 2007, 07:55:08 PM
MLB 2K7 is a pretty decent game. The only gripes were baserunning and sometimes fielding. Other than that, its pretty solid.

Watched that Madden video and was really impressed with the new animations, gang tackling and hit sticks.  It actually looks like the game of old also.  Also saw an awesome low hit stick on a receiver to break up a pass over the middle.  :yay :yay

I suck at that game.  I returned it.  It was either too easy or too hard.  You have to adjust the option sliders just right or its complete junk, IMO.

Diomedes

Quote from: Quasimoto on August 02, 2007, 09:16:49 PMYou have to adjust the option sliders just right or its complete junk, IMO.

exactly my experience with Madden.  not interested in that ish
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: King Cole on August 02, 2007, 05:54:09 PM
Rumors of GTA IV being pushed back a few weeks.

Correction babe, it was a 5 month delay not a few weeks. March 2008.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

General_Failure

I can't wait until this game comes out. I'm gonna totally own some elks.

The man. The myth. The legend.