Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Halo 2 isn't a 360 game, but as far as 360 games go.

Call of Duty 2 is an excellent game. He'd probably have fun with Perfect Dark Zero as well if he likes shooters. I don't know how old he is, but CoD2 can get pretty violent and intense. Might want to be careful getting him that if he's young.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Don Ho on May 11, 2006, 06:52:26 PM
The boy just bought 360 last week with his bday $. So far he has Halo 2, FIFA World Cup & NBA 2K6(which he loves).

Any other recommended games. He loves sports games, obviously Halo, James Bond and all the WWII games.

I'm not so nuts about CoD for the 360. I would go with Ghost Recon if it was one or the other everytime. Ghost Recon is pretty bad ass. Also, Fight Night 3 is an absolute must buy for the 360. If you buy no other game for him for awhile, make it FN3.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on May 11, 2006, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on May 11, 2006, 06:52:26 PM
The boy just bought 360 last week with his bday $. So far he has Halo 2, FIFA World Cup & NBA 2K6(which he loves).

Any other recommended games. He loves sports games, obviously Halo, James Bond and all the WWII games.

I'm not so nuts about CoD for the 360. I would go with Ghost Recon if it was one or the other everytime. Ghost Recon is pretty bad ass. Also, Fight Night 3 is an absolute must buy for the 360. If you buy no other game for him for awhile, make it FN3.

I think that's his next game - Ghost Recon 

I forgot to mention that he bought Fight Night 3 last Friday.  Awesome!  He plays it every night and seems to dig it.  The graphics are amazing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

Booth girls at E3 told to cover up

Article says they had a lot of complaints stemming from last year, but I just can't see gaming dorks complaining about scantily clad dressed women.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 12, 2006, 12:02:13 PM
Booth girls at E3 told to cover up

Article says they had a lot of complaints stemming from last year, but I just can't see gaming dorks complaining about scantily clad dressed women.

they are much more comfortable with pixel based boobies than flesh based boobies
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 12, 2006, 09:42:36 AM
Quote from: General_Failure on May 12, 2006, 03:19:10 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 11, 2006, 09:42:24 PM

Fable 2 trailer

Peter Molyneux is dead to me.

Can I ask why?

He overhypes his games to the point where his name is much more important than it really should be. Enough bad games in a row from Lionhead have meant that I'm not buying anything else from them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Feva

E3 2006: God of War II

Seriously... I can't wait for this farging game.  GOW1 was easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Make sure you check out the screen shots and the videos.

Feb. 2007 can't get here fast enough.  :drool
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

God of War was good, but I thought the 9.9's and the 9.5's it was getting were a bit too high. It was missing something. I thought it was too easy, and didn't have enough depth to the achievements. Very good game though, but I prefer the Prince of Persia series for those types of games.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

Bought GTA San Andreas over the weekend for $20.  Great game. I just hope I have my game saved from when I rented it when it came out.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

popped in GTA 3 and while i did have my game saved from last time I played it, it was unable to load my saved game.  im guessing its because this is a greatest hits version? wtf!  :'(
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Phanatic

My PS2 is toast. It won't play anything now. So it is time to operate!!   :paranoid

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

It's not under warrenty so what the heck. I've got nothing to lose...

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Phanatic on May 15, 2006, 02:16:05 PM
My PS2 is toast. It won't play anything now. So it is time to operate!!   :paranoid

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

It's not under warrenty so what the heck. I've got nothing to lose...

Doctor.  Doctor.  Doctor.  Doctor.  Doctor.  Doctor...