Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

QuoteSteelers | Cowher on the cover for new EA game
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:41:13 -0800

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher will be on the cover for Electronic Arts' new video game, NFL Head Coach. The game will challenge the hands-on gamer to build and manage every aspect of a football team from the ground up. Cowher said, "With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team. Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be." The game is scheduled to arrive in stores June 20.

a game about coaching?  is anybody gonna buy this?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

phreak posted something about that a while back... i think it's worth a look no doubt. 

Diomedes

I enjoy the hell out of the non-gameplay franchise features in NFK 2k5.  Drafting, scouting, signing contracts, etc.  I'd love a game that goes full bore on that stuff.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Got my 360 last night. Fight Night 3 is bad ass.

I have the old Madden '06 for the original XBox which was okay, but won't play in the 360. So I bought a used copy of the Madden for the 360. It sucks balls. 80% of the content in the plain XBox version is gone, and you can't even change the camera angles and shtein. You can't setup substitutions, none of the other game modes like the Superstar deal are there, you only have the option of playing in the stripped down franchise mode or  the "Play Now" bit.Taking that lump of shtein back tonight.

Any good recommendations for the 360? Heard CoD is pretty good.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MURP

gamespots top 360 games reviewed:  link

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on March 28, 2006, 05:36:47 PM
phreak posted something about that a while back... i think it's worth a look no doubt. 

Yeah me too, that seems like what I spend most of my time doing in those games.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on March 29, 2006, 08:44:36 AM
Got my 360 last night. Fight Night 3 is bad ass.

I have the old Madden '06 for the original XBox which was okay, but won't play in the 360. So I bought a used copy of the Madden for the 360. It sucks balls. 80% of the content in the plain XBox version is gone, and you can't even change the camera angles and shtein. You can't setup substitutions, none of the other game modes like the Superstar deal are there, you only have the option of playing in the stripped down franchise mode or the "Play Now" bit.Taking that lump of shtein back tonight.

Any good recommendations for the 360? Heard CoD is pretty good.

Why won't the old Madden play in it?  Isn't 360 backward compatible?

Diomedes

Quote from: Zanshin on March 29, 2006, 03:12:18 PMIsn't 360 backward compatible?

Microsoft says yes, but they are lying.

In order to play an XBOX game, you have to have the 360 hard drive.  As I understand it, what you do is load the legacy game into the HD, then a program essentially emulates the game based on the load file.  Or somthing like this.  I hear the performance sucks when you do this..worse than the regular XBOX, and it's not possible for all games.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion not only is the best 360 game, but one of the best games I ever played.

You have to like that kind of open-ended role playing game though.

I logged 40 hours in under a week on this game.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

I just finished stealing the PC version, I'm going to try to start it this weekend.

The man. The myth. The legend.

The BIGSTUD

Your computer passes the requirements?

Must have a nice computer there, my friend.

I was thinking about getting it on PC because of the mods, but my graphics card wasn't close to good enough.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

I could use a new video card, but the rest of my machine should handle it just fine.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

Anyone play Black? Read some reviews on it yesterday and it sounds worthy.

mussa

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 30, 2006, 08:16:48 AM
Anyone play Black? Read some reviews on it yesterday and it sounds worthy.

go back acouple pages.  i posted alot about it.  pretty awesome, def worth buying.  very very very intense.  its more of a unload ur clip game than stealth, although you can take it slow and pick ur way through levels.  im am close to the end, prob 2 more levels.  i have it on easy and its hard.  rent it and check it out for yourself.  i love it.  the only dissapointment is no multi-player or co-op.  it would be perfect if it had that.  i have a feeling it will be released on P23 and it may on that system.  :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

rented the warriors. pretty sweet so far. alot like GTA, but a strict storyline.  more hand to hand combat, pretty gruesome fights.  so apparently this was a cult flm in the 70's? anyone ever see it?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"