Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion my most anticipated game in the last 3 years is coming out in late November with the Xbox 360. It's the only reason I'm getting the 360 on the night of release.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

DutchBird

For me the Total War series are the absolute winners.... Rome: Total war is tops! Just seeing all those troops marching out on a massive battlefield and descend upon an enemy... Wow!

The challenge of some battles (especially with Greek societies) is awesome... sometimes though it can get a bit repetetive though generally the variations in terrain prevent that from happeing; and it is always a challenge to beat trounce the enemy with as little casualties as possible. A good graphics-card is a must however, as these battles in 3D simply deserve it...
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Avenger on October 01, 2005, 04:01:44 AM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion my most anticipated game in the last 3 years is coming out in late November with the Xbox 360. It's the only reason I'm getting the 360 on the night of release.

Was 3 that good? I saw it used for $10. The guy behind the counter told me its a good game but there' s a lot of walking from town to town. No warping or shtein like that. He said there are people who've played it for weeks/months that can't beat it.

Picked up Doom3 used yesterday. Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

General_Failure

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 01, 2005, 09:37:45 AM
Was 3 that good? I saw it used for $10.

It's a love it or hate it kind of game. It's a huge world and more open-ended than Korn's mom, but it's mostly empty and ugly. There's an assload of mods out there if you get the PC version, but most of them just aren't that good. If you like reading and walking, this game is for you.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: General_Failure on October 01, 2005, 01:51:08 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 01, 2005, 09:37:45 AM
Was 3 that good? I saw it used for $10.
If you like reading and walking, this game is for you.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm probably gonna pass. I need action in games and not endless walking. I started Doom 3 this morning, so far I'm unimpressed. I hope it gets better after all the hype I've heard about this game.

General_Failure

It won't. It got hype because it looked pretty and people love to suck off John Carmack.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: General_Failure on October 01, 2005, 03:18:25 PM
It won't. It got hype because it looked pretty and people love to suck off John Carmack.

:-\

It doesn't even look that pretty.  :boo

General_Failure

It was a stunning game when they first demo'ed it, but the rest of the world caught up with them.

WEST is GOD

Morrowind is definitely not for everyone. I like it, because it's so open-ended, and I like to explore. I also liked the ability of building up my character to a godly level because you start out as a mere slave. You can steal stuff and become an outlaw. I just really like it, but other people can find it extremely boring. If you like that kinda stuff SD then go ahead and pick it up. It's not action packed or anything like that and takes a ton of dedication and time put into it to master.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Avenger on October 01, 2005, 08:01:20 PM
Morrowind is definitely not for everyone. I like it, because it's so open-ended, and I like to explore. I also liked the ability of building up my character to a godly level because you start out as a mere slave. You can steal stuff and become an outlaw. I just really like it, but other people can find it extremely boring. If you like that kinda stuff SD then go ahead and pick it up. It's not action packed or anything like that and takes a ton of dedication and time put into it to master.

Thanks for the input but I need more action.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: General_Failure on October 01, 2005, 03:47:30 PM
It was a stunning game when they first demo'ed it, but the rest of the world caught up with them.

Its actually getting better, but my big gripe is constantly having to switch back and forth from my flashlight to my weapon. They've got billion dollar machines manufacturing demons for the devil but they can't figure out a way to attach a light to your weapon?  :-\

General_Failure

The duct tape mod is very popular for the PC version.

Wingspan

so, you like it, mikey?

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Wingspan on October 03, 2005, 01:04:26 PM

so, you like it, mikey?

Wow, perceptive.