TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

first TD episode was super promising...holy shtein jodie foster is too good for a TV show
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on January 16, 2024, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on July 24, 2023, 01:24:20 PMRewatched all the Star Wars shows recently. Even managed to get through Andor. It was fine, I guess? The title character was the least interesting part of it every step of the way. Then I went and rewatched Rogue One and laughed that the forgettable french guy from that got his own spinoff show for some reason.

What did you think of Ahsoka? Shes one of my favorite characters in any genre but I thought the series was subpar. Dawson was a bad choice as well as most of the cast minus Ray Stevenson. Writing was terrible

It seems like a waste of a bunch of good characters. The only one showing any personality is Ezra, but even he suffers from having to do the dumb thing to advance the plot.

Speaking of doing the dumb thing to advance the plot, holy shtein this is the worst written Thrawn anyone has ever done.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Agreed on Thrawn. I get using the same voice as Rebels which was perfect but Lars Mikkelsen has a dad bod.

Rome

Watched the first episode of Ashoka and quickly forgot the rest. 

General_Failure

There is one decent part of the show that I completely forgot, and that's letting Hayden Christensen be Clone Wars Annakin. Watch clilps of that and skip the rest.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

American nightmare on Netflix - pretty wild story - the #metoo contingent on here will eat it up

SD

Sucked his Apple TV show was cancelled because they restricted him from talking about China but holy shtein this is great news:
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1750201205002002816

SD

New Curb wasn't bad. The mugshot at the end was lolworthy

PhillyPhreak54

Thoughts on True Detective 4?

Not bad so far. Way better than 2 and 3 but can't top 1.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2024, 09:40:30 PMThoughts on True Detective 4?

Gave up after the 2nd episode. Everyone I know says it's gotten progressively worse.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2024, 09:40:30 PMThoughts on True Detective 4?

i like it better than 1 but i didnt like 1 nearly as much as most people.  Jodi foster is outrageously good.

i thought S1 was like the character Damon Wayans played on In Living Color when he's trying to kick knowledge from jail and he's using big words and saying nonsense...it wanted to be Terrence Mallick and the Coen brothers but I thought it was just a dumb person pretending to be smart....it looked great though
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I liked 1 bc I like McConaughey and Harrellson quite a bit.

Also had fine ass what's her name in there - Alexandra Daddario? I remember when that episode debuted I think lil guy sprayed all over his screen.

Ep3 of s4 was a dud imo but we watched ep4 last night and it was much better.

MDS

she is a god...my boner is desensitized to just normal ass movie scenes but holy hell was my special area getting tingly the first time i saw that

1 was amplified by mc-con-o-hay and cary farginagwa who got to direct each episode (generally in tv directors are different episode to episode). 2 sucked, 3 was fine. this appears to be leaning heavier into the make believe which isnt my thing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I'm loving the mystery and supernatural elements of 4, as well as all the acting. What's holding it back is everything else, namely the dialogue and character development. It all seems very cookie cutter and a bit choppy and aimless, as well as trying to focus on too many characters. Season 1 made me care about the characters and all their flaws way better than this one did. And it didn't feel like it was jumping from place to place to story beat to story beat to etc

I say this as someone who has only seen season 1 and that was recently, like 6 weeks ago or so.

I say this is decent fun spookiness but not nearly as good as S1. I am loving all the possible tie ins to S1 too.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

paid for peacock just to watch that one football game a month ago like a sucker, obviously forgot to cancel so have another month.  started watching Traitors - pretty fun for trash reality TV.  don't know who 90% of the people are but it's basically a real life game of Clue - someone gets murdered each night and the "faithful" have to figure out who the murderers are.  bunch of real housewives, big brother and survivor contestants, plus the bachelor and the former speaker of the UK House of Commons living in a house for 2 weeks.  Surprisingly very watchable.