Around The NFL - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2021, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

But seriously, screw the NFL if anyone but an offensive lineman ever wears 69.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

single digit RB and WR numbers are fantastic
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Crazy thing is I don't mind it in college.

MDS

now want to see the next zesty white lb the eagles have wear #4 just to destroy j
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Sounds like Julio Jones is going to be traded.

If I'm the Jets I'd go after him.

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 05, 2021, 05:06:56 PM
QB carousel options I see left out there for teams that want a QB:

Russell Wilson if you're willing to mortgage your whole franchise for a generation
Deshaun Watson if you're cool with serial sexual assault
Jimmy G
Teddy B ($17M price tag)

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th rounder.

Diomedes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/29/nfl-black-agents-white-clients/

Quote...The player called the number on the pamphlet, and Barnes answered. Early into the call, Barnes could sense the player's excitement. But as the conversation continued, the player's enthusiasm dulled. The prospective client, who was White, said he was going in a different direction and ended the call.

"I believe this," said Barnes, who declined to share the name of the player. "When he found out we were Black, he canceled the meeting. We never met with him."

A quarter-century has passed since that phone call, but in Barnes's view, things haven't changed much for Black agents courting future NFL stars. Yes, history was made last year when 17 of the 32 first-round draft picks were represented by Black agents. But that progress comes with an asterisk, Black agents say: Most still don't have a single White client on their rosters.

Barnes, who played in the NFL, said he has represented just two White players over the course of his 35-year career. David Mulugheta — president of team sports at Athletes First and "the world's No. 1 NFL agent," according to Forbes — has said he represents only Black players because White players have not hired him. Peers have echoed a similar plight....

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 28, 2021, 02:13:57 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on April 05, 2021, 05:06:56 PM
QB carousel options I see left out there for teams that want a QB:

Russell Wilson if you're willing to mortgage your whole franchise for a generation
Deshaun Watson if you're cool with serial sexual assault
Jimmy G
Teddy B ($17M price tag)

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th rounder.

Really don't think Wilson is going anywhere but now Rodgers wants out of GB.

Other than his hometown Niners, I don't know what team he could possibly consider an upgrade over his current situation.

PhillyPhreak54

I heard the Niners offered Jimmy G and several high picks for him.

New Orleans?
Washington?
Pittsburgh?
Raiders?

Diomedes

I can't fault Rodgers for wanting to work elsewhere.  That call to end his season last year was atrocious.  Nevermind that it wasn't the best football call--dweebs with computers may argue otherwise, I suppose--but the human message was terrible leadership.  Give your star a chance to shine, or by definition he ain't your star.

MDS

his list is: 49ers, broncos, raiders

congrats to the MAGA idiots in green bay for running him out of town. enjoy whatever his face is and i hope dev adams wants to stick too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Teddy Bridgewater not looking to be out of the picture only three days into his tenure in Denver, poor bastich.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2021, 04:50:31 PM
his list is: 49ers, broncos, raiders

congrats to the MAGA idiots in green bay for running him out of town. enjoy whatever his face is and i hope dev adams wants to stick too

LaFleur probably helped usher him out with that FG shtein

Geowhizzer