farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJ72

I think Ware will be all right at DE if he can hold up but he would probably need to add some weight. If Spencer is resigned, he could man the other side but there's no depth behind them. We have a couple of guys that could play the 3 technique but the line as a whole is getting older. LBs will be okay, the safety position sucks but that doesn't have anything to do with scheme either. CBs will probably be all right.

Not excited because even though I wasn't a big Ryan fan, the scheme wasn't as much of an issue as the injuries. I think Jerrah's been wanting to switch back to a 4-3 for awhile though. Hiring Kiffin gives him a bingo partner and someone to compare Metamucil flavors with while they talk about the glory days from years gone by.

Jerrah's a farging idiot and Dallas is screwed as long as he thinks he's a GM, so rejoice in that. Now that Al Davis is gone the torch for senile owner/GM is passed to the idiot from Arkansas. I hate losing but I love to watch him squirm in his luxury box and chew his fingernails when it happens.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EJ72 on January 13, 2013, 04:16:11 AM
Hiring Kiffin gives him a bingo partner and someone to compare Metamucil flavors with while they talk about the glory days from years gone by.

Don't you mean glory hole days? 

Welcome back, btw. 

Sgt PSN

Also, maybe this was posted somewhere already.  And if it was, farg you. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSt9o3S0n6c

PhillyPhreak54

Indeed welcome back.

I wonder if Jerrah will hire someone else to clean his bifocals off next year?

EJ72

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 13, 2013, 09:20:42 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on January 13, 2013, 04:16:11 AM
Hiring Kiffin gives him a bingo partner and someone to compare Metamucil flavors with while they talk about the glory days from years gone by.

Don't you mean glory hole days? 

Welcome back, btw. 

Jones and Kiffen wouldn't know what to do with a glory hole. The only time Jerrah gets it up is when he looks at himself in the mirror and says "Dayum, I'm good".

Thanks Sgt, I always liked this board. Few homers, little BS and there's nothing wrong with that. Yeah, some rag on the Cowboys fan but that's natural.

I don't post much on any boards these days but I thought of CF after Reid was mercifully let go. It was time for both the Eagles and him to move on. Good coach but all things come to an end eventually. Honestly, I was ready for Landry to be gone his last couple, few years when it was clear the wheels were spinning.

Here's to both our teams getting their shtein together and going back to a true rivalry, rather than determining who sucks less.

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 11, 2013, 01:53:23 PM
Monte Kiffin, Old Guy (and the new DC in Dallas)

Also, a repeated rape victim of the Chip Kelly offense.

May it continue in the NFC East.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEx-Cowboys scout says team passed on LeSean McCoy
+SHARE
By Kareem Copeland

Published: February 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Modified: February 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Each year, we hear about the importance of the all-mighty board when it comes to the NFL Draft. Each year, teams deviate from said board.

Former Dallas Cowboys scout Bryan Broaddus discussed the habit and how the Cowboys missed out on LeSean McCoy because of it.

"If you go back to the 2009 draft, they sat there and they had LeSean McCoy with a first-round grade," Broaddus said during a radio interview on KRLD-FM 105.3, via The Dallas Morning News. "The problem was, they weren't willing to take LeSean McCoy. That's the issue. Don't window-dress your board. They're sitting there in the second round and they've got LeSean McCoy with a first-round grade on their board. That's value. They did it (got it right) with Sean Lee, they did it with Bruce Carter. They sat there, they took the guy that was on the board that they were supposed to take.

"Mistakes are made when you jump around on the board. Jerry (Jones has) done it a couple of different times. The Quincy Carter draft, we had Kendrell Bell there, first-round grade, ends up going the second round; goes right behind us to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ends up being AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year. And then we take Quincy Carter. That was a forced pick right there. You had a guy there you had a better grade on, you probably could have got Quincy Carter later in the draft. That's where you get in trouble leapfrogging around."

McCoy ended up going to the Philadelphia Eagles at No. 53 overall.

Broaddus said the opposite happened with tight end Jason Witten, who was selected in the third round and has eight Pro Bowls on his resume.

To say the draft is an inexact science would be an understatement. Still, we assume Tony Romo would have benefited from having a versatile threat like McCoy in the backfield. Wrong selections are made all the time, but the knife is twisted if the original evaluation was correct.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Dillen

Romo just got a 6 year $108 million dollar extension. Pointing..

General_Failure

Donovan McNabb ‏@donovanjmcnabb 10m
Tony Romo 6 yr 55 million dollar extension. Wow really, with one playoff win. You got to be kidding me

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

How much of that is guaranteed?

edit: PFT says "more guaranteed money than Flacco"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

I love it!

Best day for us Eagles! Us.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 29, 2013, 04:29:05 PM
edit: PFT says "more guaranteed money than Flacco"

thats unreal

what the hell is aaron rodgers going to get
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

The Packers.  They're going to give him the actual franchise.   

Diomedes

I'm glad Romo got caked off because now all the whining bitches in town can shut up about Flacco being the highest paid QB...guy gave them a farging Lombardi and all they could do was complain about how much he got paid.