farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Stephen Jones said that if they'd stayed at 14 they would have taken Brockers

Diomedes

It's wise to tell everyone what you would have done had you not done what you did.  That way they have easy comparisons to make when they talk about what you do next.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2012, 09:50:42 PM
Stephen Jones said that if they'd stayed at 14 they would have taken Brockers

He still doesn't quite get the concept of smokescreen

PhillyPhreak54

lol at their Matt Johnson pick...77th ranked safety?!

ice grillin you

lol what outfit ranks safties 77 bodies deep?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Dillen

some Ohio State safety just got picked, Kiper and McShay were saying that had him like the 165th safety.. fargin dumb

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on April 28, 2012, 04:40:26 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2012, 04:37:18 PM
lol what outfit ranks safties 77 bodies deep?

The Nazi Party?

So that's what they're doing these days.

Eagaholic

more bigger, more stronger, more misdemeanerer

QuoteDez Bryant: I'm quicker, faster, stronger this year

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant says that a full offseason working with the team's strength and conditioning staff has him in much better shape this year than he was at the end of the lockout last year.
Bryant told the Dallas Morning News he's "a lot stronger" than he was before

QuoteJuly 16, 2012
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant reportedly was arrested Monday in DeSoto, Texas.

According to MyFOXDFW.com, Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor in relation to the assault of a female family member that occurred on Saturday.

The 23-year-old reportedly turned himself in Monday and immediately posted bond.

When contacted by WFAA-TV, Bryant confirmed there was an incident but declined to elaborate.

"I'm good, I'm good," Bryant said.

This isn't the first run-in Bryant has had with the law. Since being drafted by the Cowboys in 2010, the Oklahoma State product has been involved in multiple lawsuits connected with unpaid debts, was given a criminal trespass warning in 2011 after being briefly banned from a Dallas mall and, in January, was involved in an altercation outside of a Miami nightclub that led to him being detained by police.

Eagaholic

police will file a class A misdemeanor family violence charge against Bryant

I'm surprised Jerruh couldn't pull any strings to get his boy off.

Eagaholic

lmao
Jerry usually craves the spotlight out in public. But now he does an about face, just wanting to stand back and take it all in

QuoteJerry Jones closes window, opens up hole
Posted by Josh Alper on July 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT

APThe issue of closing windows came up a lot around the Cowboys this offseason.

Jason Witten fretted about it, but Tony Romo felt that was going too far. DeMarco Murray thought the window was wide open, DeMarcus Ware felt it shutting and Jerry Jones proclaimed that he was the only one who decided about the position of the window which, for the record, he implied would close on someone's neck if the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs. We may have missed a couple of examples, but that should suffice for qualifying how often the topic came up.

If Jones has his way, there won't be any more window talk for the Cowboys. On the eve of the start of training camp in Oxnard, California, the Cowboys owner said it was time to leave discussions about windows to the folks at Microsoft.

"I want to close the window to closing the window," Jones said, via Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "That was off-season talk. We'll leave it right there."

As you can see, everything that can be said about this topic has already been said so we thank Jones for putting it to rest once and for all. And we thank him even more for saying something that makes it hard to remember anyone was talking about windows at all.

"I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and I've been here when it wasn't," Jones said. "And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole. So I have that perspective."

General_Failure

Jerry Jones gives the best drunk interview.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

QuoteOXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones is apparently taking over defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's role as the team's NFC East instigator.

On the day Ryan vowed to watch his often outspoken mouth, Jones fired a jab at the New York Giants, who crushed the Cowboys' playoff hopes in the 2011 regular-season finale en route to their second Super Bowl title in five years.

"Y'all should come to Cowboys Stadium and watch us beat the Giants' asses," Jones told fans during a ceremony to signal the opening of Cowboys' training camp Monday, a festival-like event that featured a few skydivers and a performance from the franchise's famous cheerleaders.

The defending Super Bowl champions don't come to Cowboys Stadium, where Eli Manning's Giants are 3-0, until Oct. 28. The Cowboys and Giants kick off the NFL season on Sept. 5 at MetLife Stadium, where the Cowboys' 2011 season ended with a 31-14 loss in the de facto NFC East title game on New Year's Day.

Manning threw for 746 yards and five touchdowns in the two wins over the Cowboys last season, one of the primary reasons the Cowboys made upgrading their cornerback corps the top offseason priority, signing Brandon Carr to a five-year, $50.1 million deal and trading up in the draft to select LSU's Morris Claiborne with the sixth overall pick.

The Cowboys also wanted to match up better with the explosive Philadelphia Eagles' receivers. Ryan vowed early in last year's training camp that the Cowboys would "beat the ass of the all-hype team," but the otherwise underachieving Eagles won both meetings against Dallas.

Ryan, who was especially humiliated in the Cowboys' 34-7 loss in Philadelphia on Oct. 30, plans to keep the bulletin-board material he provides with his mouth to a minimum.

"Day 1, I'm not calling anybody out," Ryan said Monday. "I've learned. This is a bigger media than some of the other spots that I've been, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut and work."

That was before the skydivers made an appearance and Jones got on stage with a microphone.

Eagaholic

QuoteUndrafted rookie Cole Beasley quits on the Cowboys

Although he joined the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent, wide receiver Cole Beasley was considered a good bet to make the 53-man roster. But now it appears that Beasley will not play professional football at all.

Beasley informed the team today that he is leaving for personal reasons, possibly even a decision to quit football entirely, according to DallasCowboys.com.

The Cowboys are trying to convince Beasley to come back, but so far they've had no luck. Asked about it today, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said, "it's too early right now, we're still working on that."

Based on the look test I can see why they are desperate to get stud back. Let's hope for our sake he stays retired.

ice grillin you

i just want you to know that if easy was still on this board he would have posted that long before you