farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

ASPCA statement covers pits perfectly. If you'd like to read it and educate yourself you'll understand humans are at fault. I compare pits and stereotypes to the way racists think of people of color. I've owned pits most of my life and have dealt with the good and bad.

https://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/position-statement-pit-bulls

Eagaholic

This seems as good as any place to post an article about dogs. Except maybe the animal thread. I'm not a dog owner and I found this interesting, even if much of it is common knowledge. I like the canocentric perspective

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/8-things-we-do-that-really-confuse-our-dogs?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Diomedes

I saw you had posted and thought, oh cool...let's see what the lawyer says...

he says, read this article about dogs

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2021, 06:02:57 PM
I saw you had posted and thought, oh cool...let's see what the lawyer says...

he says, read this article about dogs

And I refer you back to this until more evidence comes out

Quote from: TAFKASD on August 07, 2021, 10:45:28 AM
I'd like to see the whole story.

The landscapers are being sued for a reason

SD

Actual personal injury lawyer response:
QuoteHard to say without all the facts of the case. You have to take homeowners insurance into consideration, whether the dogs were on the policy (most homeowners won't cover high risk dogs like Rots, Pits etc, without an extremely high deductible), extent of the injuries, were the landscapers insured. In short impossible to say but farg Dallas I hope he's held responsible

SD

Drew Pearson throwing shade at Michael Irvin  during his HOF speech 🎤

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 08, 2021, 02:01:16 PM
pits are awful dogs and nobody should own them

the end

basically
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2021, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 08, 2021, 02:01:16 PM
pits are awful dogs and nobody should own them

the end

basically

The ASPCA probably knows more about dogs than you but that's just a guess. They're not exactly endorsing peace, love and pit bulls but they give a very concise statement

QuoteWhile a dog's genetics may predispose it to behave in certain ways, genetics do not exist in a vacuum. Rather, behavior develops through a complex interaction between environment and genetics. This is an especially important consideration when we look at an individual dog versus a breed. Many diverse and sometimes subtle factors influence the development of behavior, including, but not limited to, early nutrition, stress levels experienced by the mother during pregnancy, and even temperature in the womb. And when it comes to influencing the behavior of an individual dog, factors such as housing conditions and the history of social interactions play pivotal roles in behavioral development. The factors that feed into the expression of behavior are so inextricably intertwined that it's usually impossible to point to any one specific influence that accounts for a dog becoming aggressive. This is why there is such variation in behavior between individual dogs, even when they are of the same breed and bred for the same purpose. Because of the impact of experience, the pit bull specifically bred for generations to be aggressive may not fight with dogs and the Labrador retriever bred to be a service dog may be aggressive toward people.

Not sure how some people can be so liberal and not see the juxtaposition between this and racism

ice grillin you

dogs killing people isnt political

saying rap music does is political

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 09, 2021, 08:41:38 AM
dogs killing people isnt political

saying rap music does is political

Saying all dogs of a certain breed are inherently bad or dangerous is not much different than racists saying all blacks are insert whatever stereotype you'd like because of their skin color or biology.

ice grillin you

Lol not even you actually believes that.  Troll game tight tho.

QB Eagles

Dallas Cowboys starting right tackle La'el Collins has been suspended five games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the league announced on Friday.

Diomedes

Eagles will gladly play his backup in less than three weeks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Gallup is also out 3-5wks with a calf strain