Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Rome

QuotePOINTS AFTER OFFENSE SCORES: I finally took the time to look this up, and as expected, the defense gives up way too many points after the offense scores. The offense has scored 61 times this year — 40 touchdowns and 21 field goals. Taking out nine instances when they scored in the final two minutes of a half, that's 52 times that they've scored and then the defense has taken the field with a significant amount of time left in the half or game. Of those 52 times, they've allowed points 26 times. That's 20 TDs and 6 field goals on drives immediately following Eagles scores. On 99 drives that didn't follow an offensive score, the defense has allowed points 32 times — 19 TDs and 13 field goals. So they're allowing points 50 percent of the time after the offense scores, 32 percent after the offense hasn't score. Following an offensive score, the defense is allowing 3.0 points per drive. Following non-scoring drives that figure drops to 1.7 points. Those are just momentum killers.

I pointed this out earlier in the year.  I had no idea it was this bad.  50 percent is just ridiculously embarrassing. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on December 19, 2019, 08:31:21 PM
QuotePOINTS AFTER OFFENSE SCORES: I finally took the time to look this up, and as expected, the defense gives up way too many points after the offense scores. The offense has scored 61 times this year — 40 touchdowns and 21 field goals. Taking out nine instances when they scored in the final two minutes of a half, that's 52 times that they've scored and then the defense has taken the field with a significant amount of time left in the half or game. Of those 52 times, they've allowed points 26 times. That's 20 TDs and 6 field goals on drives immediately following Eagles scores. On 99 drives that didn't follow an offensive score, the defense has allowed points 32 times — 19 TDs and 13 field goals. So they're allowing points 50 percent of the time after the offense scores, 32 percent after the offense hasn't score. Following an offensive score, the defense is allowing 3.0 points per drive. Following non-scoring drives that figure drops to 1.7 points. Those are just momentum killers.

I pointed this out earlier in the year.  I had no idea it was this bad.  50 percent is just ridiculously embarrassing.

Link?

Rome

Quote from: Rome on September 23, 2019, 05:42:28 AM
He's always been that, Don. 

Also - for some reason I rewatched that slop again.  Couldn't sleep so why not, right?  That was as ugly a self-inflicted loss as I can remember from this squad.  Why does it seem that every time the Eagles score the defense has to immediately give one right back?   I mean I know they don't but it just feels that way.   

Whatever, though.  Being a Philly fan is just farging exhausting.

Don Ho

The defense has been awful, they actually had two decent games which they unfortunately lost, New England and Seattle.  Even fully healthy it was bad.  We don't need to address the secondary as that's like picking on a helpless first grader in the playground.  D line with its weak pass rush, the complete non existence of a linebacking unit, yet, still yet they can still somehow miraculously show up on Sunday and do something, highly doubtful but stranger things have happened.  Not counting on it. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on December 20, 2019, 03:15:09 PMthey can still somehow miraculously show up on Sunday and do something, highly doubtful but stranger things have happened.  Not counting on it. 

Unless Dak or Amari Cooper leaves the game in the first quarter, it's Jason Garrett's game to lose. Which he is definitely capable of.

Whatever happens, these are two bad football teams.

Diomedes

Yeah, no one will be too worried about the NFC East champs this year. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Even if it's the Cowboys, and let's face it it'll be the Cowboys, I hope they win the Wildcard game so people will shut up for another year about playoff seeding.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Richard Rogers signed
Deontay Burnett from the PS

Darby on IR
Ajayi cut

Rome

At what point will they finally cut bait with Darby?

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 24, 2019, 03:53:32 PM
At what point will they finally cut bait with Darby?

See no reason to keep him athletic as farg but zero football sense.

SD

PhillyPhreak54