The "what the farg is right with this world" thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 27, 2015, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Eagaholic

Lol at that above tweet.

In light of today's grim news, at least Exxon got their ass handed to them by the Mass. supreme court ruling during an appeal.
QuoteThe Massachusetts lawsuit says Exxon engaged in a "sophisticated, multi-million dollar campaign" to sow doubt in climate science and downplay the link between fossil fuels and climate change. The lawsuit says Exxon also undertook "greenwashing campaigns" in an effort to portray itself as environmentally responsible.

Diomedes

My long suffering and lovely bride Hot Nurse Wife Mrs. Diomedes got her Doctorate Nursing Practice from Johns Hopkins University today.  She's already a veteran floor nurse at Hopkins of fifteen years, and holds two full bachelor degrees (NYU and Lehman) as well.  Plus mother of two and puts up with my shtein.  Got a f'n doctoral degree today from Hopkins.  Can't tell you all how proud our family is today.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

That's great. I don't know how she hasn't burned out from doing all that, plus dealing with covidiots the last two years.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Congrats to Mrs Dio.

That's a great accomplishment and you all should be proud!

General_Failure

Do not celebrate by taking her to Golden Corral. She earned those Red Lobster cheddar biscuits.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on May 25, 2022, 12:05:17 AM
Do not celebrate by taking her to Golden Corral. She earned those Red Lobster cheddar biscuits.

lol

Congrats Dio. 👍

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on May 25, 2022, 12:05:17 AM

I never knew what those things were until a colleague got me a gift certificate to a Red Lobster. 

I have to say, they ain't bad. 

And congrats to the Dio family.  You're a lucky man, Dio. 

Eagaholic

That's fantastic Dio, congrats to the wife! A DNP, and from Hopkins no less, she should be able to write her own ticket. If she likes admin rather than the clinical side, I'd think she could put herself on a c-suite track if she wants.

Diomedes

cheers guys

She's not interested in administration or the business end of Nursing in the least.  She will either practice or teach.  We're not sure which yet.  She's obligated to teach Nurshing students through a State of Maryland tuition program, and already has her first section (also at Hopkins).  If she chooses to practice, she'll have to teach part time for several years to satisfy her debt to MD.  If she decides to teach full time, the obligation will be fulfilled in two years.  But befre all that, she's got to study for and pass boards.  Then job hunt.  As a bilingual (Spanish) Nurse with her qualifications, I don't think she'll have any problem finding a good situation. 

I figure soon after that she'll upgrade her Husband situation as well.[/SD]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Second husbands are out of fashion, cuckolding is all the rage now in your new tax bracket.

Geowhizzer

My son graduated this weekend.  When my wife and I were thinking about having kids (and we waited a bit), I was afraid of the world we would be bringing them up in.  In many ways, my worst fears have been realized.

However, I am damn proud of my son.  He is going to be ten times the man I am.  He's got a huge heart, and brains to match.  The only disappointment is that he wants to be... a teacher like his parents.  He's going to have to take the vow of poverty!  He'll be a great one, though.

Proving his brains:  He says that as soon as he graduates, he's out of this state.  His mother and I will probably not be too far behind.  He's also our best hope for grandkids eventually.

SD

Diomedes

I'm happy for you and your family, sir.
We frame and display our diplomas throughout the places of the house guests don't visit (they see art.)

I'm big on making sure we, especially the children, see reminders of these accomplishments. 

PhillyPhreak54

Hey Geo congrats to you and the family! I'm sure he will continue to make you and your wife proud.