DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on May 01, 2012, 07:47:00 AM
Your #4 should be #1

thats by far the bottom of the list

other than touchdowns which were way down his 2011 numbers are more or less the same as 2010

the main difference is that vick was not out of his mind and regressed...when your qb goes from an mvp candidate to just another qb other guys on the team are going to suffer

also the amount of double teams and attention he gets has steadily gone up each year particularly the strategy of moving a safety over top him and moving him way back

the contract is a neat thing for the media and internet to talk about but it was a very small factor

put it this way i dont see his numbers making a huge jump this season because hes now caked off...i would expect more touchdowns because he pretty much has to get more than one...but i see another 55-65 catch season for 1000ish yards and five td's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2012, 07:45:34 AM
Quote from: mussa on May 01, 2012, 07:18:45 AM
To me he hasn't been the same player since that D. Robinson hit, and rightfully so. I really hope he can over come all that and be that big threat he is capable of being. And we pray...

his first game back from the concussion he went for 7-109-1

a month after the concussion he had his career high yardage game 4-210-1

the concussion has little to nothing to do with his numbers...several factors:

1. vick has regressed
2. the offensive line has struggled much of the last two years not allowing him the time to get deep
3. shady has emerged big time...2009 he had 173 carries - last year 263 carries
4. contract issues last year

I can see the reasoning and that is what a common football fan might think, but stats don't tell the whole story and and if you really watch him you'd see he was just flat out afraid to get his bell rung again.

ice grillin you

you can count on one hand the number of wr's who didnt try to avoid a big hit in the nfl last year...and this includes pimp in games before he ever had a concussion or contract issues

its just that when the player in question is on your team and theres the contract thing in the media every day you become too close to the situation and start seeing things you think are there but arent or you think were never there before when they were

Diomedes

Care to extend that argument by claiming that Pinkston was no less fearful of the big hit than any other WR in the league at the time. 

Yeah, I didn't think so.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on May 01, 2012, 09:36:18 AM
Care to extend that argument by claiming that Pinkston was no less fearful of the big hit than any other WR in the league at the time. 

Yeah, I didn't think so.

pinkston thing was way overblown as well because of one agregious play against the skins...that play took on a life of its own and skewed peoples perceptions to outrageous levels...he was a limited straight line wr who was a solid contributor...nothing more nothing less...but to have that one play define his whole tenure here was going overboard...he went up and got plenty of balls thruout his career and took hits...was he calvin johnson or anquan boldin obviously not...but he wasnt any different than a million other wr's

i understand why it happens but you have to look at the big picture and not pigeon hole a player into being something they arent simply because of one play or two

ricky waters was a great back for the eagles but all you hear about him to this day is "for who...for what"

PoopyfaceMcGee

The only reason Brian Westbrook had a long career was his knack for avoiding the big hit. DeSean's already had his bell rung enough times... He should damn well be avoiding contact.

Diomedes

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 01, 2012, 10:45:44 AMThe only reason Brian Westbrook had a long career was his knack for avoiding the big hit.

Well that and he was the best football player on the field in almost every game he played for several years.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 01, 2012, 10:45:44 AM
The only reason Brian Westbrook had a long career was his knack for avoiding the big hit. DeSean's already had his bell rung enough times... He should damn well be avoiding contact.

he had his bell rung one time...he avoided hits before that play and hes avoided hits since that play...and he will continue to avoid hits as you said he should

what i dont get is the notion that some people have that he was some sort of tough in tight quarters slot wr before the concussion and now is a completely different player...

he certainly had a play or two last year where he wasnt going all out because of his contract but hes the same guy now that he was when he came into the league...a big play wr who needs to make more big plays this season than he did last season

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2012, 08:01:00 AM
put it this way i dont see his numbers making a huge jump this season because hes now caked off...i would expect more touchdowns because he pretty much has to get more than one...but i see another 55-65 catch season for 1000ish yards and five td's

I hope you aren't figuring punt returns into that stat, 'cause I'm looking forward to him taking one or two all the way for td's. I think last year the contract figured more into his play than anything, and now that all that shtein is settled, he can concentrate on nothing but football.

Let's hope so anyway.

SD

Jackson didn't go all out last season because he was afraid of getting injured which would have farged his payday up. The other items on the list are after thoughts. Anyone who watching Jackson could tell he was looking out for himself. I don't really blame him because another concussion could have cost him millions of dollars, but at the same time he dogged it and took a lot of dives. I pulled the PIMP mantra from my name repertoire until he re-proves himself.

Eagaholic

Avoiding hits running after the catch can be ok, avoiding hits by not catching the ball is NOT ok, he's a damn receiver.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on May 01, 2012, 04:15:55 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2012, 08:01:00 AM

I hope you aren't figuring punt returns into that stat, 'cause I'm looking forward to him taking one or two all the way for td's. I think last year the contract figured more into his play than anything, and now that all that shtein is settled, he can concentrate on nothing but football.

Let's hope so anyway.

im not advocating this but it wouldnt shock me if boykin is the punt returner next year

shorebird

I wouldn't like it, but I can see it happening and I'd understand.

MDS

they could to what they used to do with bwest--putting the load on someone else and picking their spots when to use pimp

late game, need a play, need some yards, need to make something, etc. otherwise dont bother.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Inside the last two minutes of every away game against the Giants.

The man. The myth. The legend.