Week 8 - Lions: Tankity Tank Tank Tank

Started by MDS, October 24, 2021, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Gonna be hard to farg this one up, but I've got faith.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Oh my God!  If tanking means getting the real #5, pull the plug on the SS Minnow immediately.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

He's good but I haven't been blown away.  If he's your reward for having three top ten picks in the same draft you are farged.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

True his numbers have not been crazy so far this season, I think the whole number one talk has gone to his head. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

I think it's less that and more there's no one else to put over him...that's how bad this draft is

PhillyPhreak54

It's the Philadelphia way to have three first rounders in a zesty draft.

They'll lose to the Lions.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2021, 10:57:52 PM
I think it's less that and more there's no one else to put over him...that's how bad this draft is

Yep, I didn't want to go there.

Hopefully one of the positions has some depth in the draft because they need help at basically every position.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 24, 2021, 11:42:03 PM
It's the Philadelphia way to have three first rounders in a zesty draft.

They'll lose to the Lions.

More than ever Howie needs to trade all picks back for picks next season. Weak draft or not teams get stir crazy and desperate during the draft and offer future picks to move up.

The Colts 1st after last night is currently #13 but their upcoming schedule is a joke and Wentz is playing well so I'm fully expecting that pick to be in the 20's. At his current of play he only needs to last 6 more games for the pick to come to fruition. His legs can fall off after that for all I care.

The Miami pick would currently be #2 overall. It stays that they can probably turn that into a late 1st, 1st in 2023 and a 2nd.

Birds would currently be pick 6. They could definitely get a future first and trade back for a team wanting to move up.

DB/D line this draft isn't bad it's just weak on qbs which gives the impression its weak overall. Teams will always move up for O and d line and dbs so I'm not worried about pick trade value because as bad as Howie is at drafting he's good and moving picks for additional picks.

Diomedes

Lions are better than their record and Eagles are worse than theirs.

I think Detroit gets its first win.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I made plans for Sunday...instead of watching the Eagles make the Lions look good, I'll spend the day as unpaid roofing labor for a friend who needs help.

headline:  Eagles fan would rather install a roof than watch team.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on October 30, 2021, 08:58:57 AM
headline:  Eagles fan would rather install a roof than watch team.

your friend like the eagles?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

How bad are the Eagles?

So bad, four minutes in and this is the first game post.

Either no one is watching, or no one cares.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you