We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

phattymatty

Rome

After two weeks this bug has decided to make a cameo appearance.  I can't believe how zesty I felt yesterday.  Headache, chills, fatigue and fuzzy head all made a comeback.  I feel better today but it's still lingering. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

the rona finally got me.  felt like I got hit by a truck last weekend, just achy all over. Tested positive on Sunday so I guess I'm on Day 5 and almost back to normal.  wasn't all that horrible, fever and aches at first and that turned to pretty gross cough for a few days.  never lost my taste or smell, although I have a bad case of paxlovid mouth right now from the medicine.  tastes like rotten pennies sitting in the back of my tongue.

of course I made it 2 1/2 years no problem, but within a month of having a tiny human in the house I get it and give it straight to him.  tested negative Saturday, little guy slept inches from my mouth for hours, then I tested positive the next day. he ended up getting a 102 fever so we took him to ER, they hospitalized him out of precaution but he's back home today.  seems to be mostly asymptomatic and doing fine.

so far I'm terrible at this father stuff. wifey positive now today too so I covered everyone.

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on August 25, 2022, 08:18:19 PMso far I'm terrible at this father stuff.

Truly, it gives me no joy to say it:  Welcome to the club.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Six weeks after I tested positive I have no symptoms and the brain fog that had me feeling completely unlike myself for at least four of them has disappeared.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I realized how bad it was.  Like majorly forgetful and mostly disinterested in anything that was going on from moment to moment. 

Also - my former co-worker died of ALS last week.  A year ago this month he was as healthy as a horse.  Not a single symptom.  He was one of those people who always ate salads at work, exercised regularly, didn't smoke or drink, and rarely cheated in terms of his diet.  He had the shakes one day at a meeting and he said he was just cold.  A week later he got diagnosed with a death sentence.  And now he's gone.  59 years old.

Makes you think, ya know?

General_Failure

Even worse news for you, the brain fog mis gone but the lung damage might not be, and if for some reason you can no longer work because of it you will be denied disability for having tested positive for covid.

phattymatty

Finally tested negative after 8-9 days.  that shtein really kicked my ass. 

General_Failure

Eagaholic

I have 2 friends that have been debilitated by lyme disease for decades now. People get shingles decades after the initial chicken pox episode. I don't see how we'll know for years to come how long covid may persist. In fact Japanese microbiologists revived bacteria that have been dormant for 101 million years in an environmentally hostile area under the seabed of what is considered a dead zone, and are now reproducing. (The microbes, not the scientists. thank god).

General_Failure

It's well known that the Japanese are not reproducing, it's a serious problem over there.

Eagaholic

That's very true, and true for a majority of countries. China is especially farged in that regard. But for the US, thank god for millennials, at least if they keep working. Optimistically, that is the only saving grace for social security survival.

PhillyPhreak54

Do you have a link about the old bacteria? That sounds interesting as hell

Eagaholic