We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

No one except workers wear masks here.  I mean no one.  It's amazing.  I had someone actually say out loud that the only people getting Covid are vaxxed up.  The ones who aren't vaxxed are in the clear now.  I just said, "cool... I hope you get it and die" and walked away.

That's pretty much my feelings now about this virus. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on December 18, 2021, 06:54:17 PM
No one except workers wear masks here.  I mean no one.  It's amazing.  I had someone actually say out loud that the only people getting Covid are vaxxed up.  The ones who aren't vaxxed are in the clear now.  I just said, "cool... I hope you get it and die" and walked away.

That's pretty much my feelings now about this virus.

Yeah, pretty much.  Florida gonna Florida.

SD

Quote from: Munson on December 18, 2021, 04:36:36 PM
I just don't see the worth in that risk. To eat out at a restaurant? Yawn.

If I'm risking it, I'm risking it for something that I can't do at home.

What's the risk exactly if you're vaccinated? A minor cold maybe?

Geowhizzer

Update from stick #3 (Eight days later):  Absolutely zero side effects other than a sore arm.

My guess is that it will turn into a yearly thing.

Diomedes

Quote from: TAFKASD on December 18, 2021, 09:02:31 PM

Fair question really.  Assuming because we're vaxxed that we can't get seriously ill, what really is the risk?

For me, one of the big answers is I ain't got time for COVID.  Ain't nobody got time for getting tested and kids not being allowed to go to school for x number of days, etc.  I got a life to live, I need to not get sick and for my family to not get sick.  For me, the cost benefit analysis for tonight's proposed dinner was easly to calculate.  We did not go and I'm glad.  We did order from them, so I saw the dining room, and I want no part of that much of other people's breathing, thank you.  Not if I can avoid it.  If I can't avoid it, then you know, that's life and luckily I'm vaxxed so I should be okay.  But for now, with omicron just starting to blush across the face of the country, we noped out and had a fine time eating at home.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Quote from: TAFKASD on December 18, 2021, 09:02:31 PM

Long covid, which going by the name lasts well after the infection. Some folks have it a year, some have it longer. It now counts as a disability according to the ADA.

Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Tiredness or fatigue
Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental activities (also known as post-exertional malaise)
Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as "brain fog")
Cough
Chest or stomach pain
Headache
Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
Joint or muscle pain
Pins-and-needles feeling
Diarrhea
Sleep problems
Fever
Dizziness on standing (lightheadedness)
Rash
Mood changes
Change in smell or taste
Changes in menstrual period cycles

Current estimate is being fully vaccinated cuts your chances of that in half.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

So overall minimal risks. Hospitalization for vaccinated people is practically nil.

Went to Ruth Chris last week it was fantastic. Highly recommend we stop living in crazy scared town when we're vaccinated. My biggest fear isn't the virus it's that people are sick of it and only one sides making it an issue. One more reason Trump 2024/apacolypse is happening.

Munson

Worth remembering that "Mild illness" just means you didn't require hospitalization. You can still be pretty damn sick with "mild illness", and after having what I now believe was COVID and seeing the effects it had on my body in the months afterwards, I'd rather not chance that again right now for the sake of eating out at a restaurant when I don't have to. We got back to semi-normal this past may/june, and I imagine we'll do so again when the numbers drop back down. But right now they're ridiculously high and hospitals are getting back close to "if something bad happens to you or your family, you're kinda farged right now because we don't have the room for you". Until we're out of that situation, we could use a little more people living "scared" right now so their asses don't end up clogging up a hospital bed.

All that, and I have an unvaccinated toddler in the house.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Your unvaccinated toddler will be fine. Mild sniffles at worst. I never wear a mask...been fatigued all week with a slightly runny nose and mild sore throat. Might be omicron don't know dont care. If you're near me and get sick because you're unvaccinated your fault not mine. I did my part.

Diomedes

Yeah, I'm just not as cavalier as you are.  Enjoy mixing with the deplorables while the rest of us cower in fear.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: TAFKASD on December 19, 2021, 12:42:10 AM
Your unvaccinated toddler will be fine. Mild sniffles at worst. I never wear a mask...been fatigued all week with a slightly runny nose and mild sore throat. Might be omicron don't know dont care. If you're near me and get sick because you're unvaccinated your fault not mine. I did my part.

Considering we just spent last friday night in the children's hospital for a non-covid/non-flu/non-RSV respiratory illness that also has a low rate for hospitalization, I'd rather not risk it for...eating food at a table surrounded by strangers when I can just eat the same food at home lol
(we also spent a few hours in the children's hospital back in February of 2020, a couple weeks after I first had what I think was covid, when he was only 8 months old. I'm somewhat convinced he had covid then but can't know for sure)

The willingly unvaccinated aren't the ones you're taking precautions for (like staying home when you're sick or wearing a mask). It's people like this you're doing it for:
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1472678031584026634 20
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

covid outbreak at the work xmas party....my boss was patient zero because of his dumb kid. i tested negative today and have felt nothing while a bunch of other co workers got it. feel im in the clear. 3 gucci moderna shots baby.

between that and the married girl i had an emotional affair with last summer actively ignoring me, id say it was a good time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Emotional affair?

Details needed

I need to get my booster.

MDS

basically we were in contact 24/7 except when she went off birth control so her goober husband could knock her up. seems like a healthy thing to me...endlessly hit up and flirt with your charming co worker while letting the husband youre iffy on shoot up the club.

women! im with marginassi
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

All girls have a dod (dongs on deck) in case shtein doesn't work out with their significant other...you're hers. Erase "emotional affair" and add she needed a self esteem boost and it'll make more sense.