We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

A week ago, DeSantis got a judge to rule in his favor, and our district backed down.  Students no longer have to wear masks... teachers do, but not students.

Yesterday, his new surgeon general issued a new emergency rule that gives parents the option to quarantine or not if their child is contract traced.

However, we still have to spray our desks with a weak-ass citrus acid water solution each period.  THAT WILL STOP COVID!  :crazy

Diomedes

I don't know how you do it man.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I wouldn't be able to live in Florida. farg that noise.

I got my first contact tracing email today about a student in one of my classes. Fun stuff.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on September 23, 2021, 09:53:39 PM
I wouldn't be able to live in Florida. farg that noise.

I got my first contact tracing email today about a student in one of my classes. Fun stuff.

I had five go out of my class on Tuesday.  Three of them were back today after the order.  We'll see tomorrow about the other two.

Rome

I went to Walgreens to get my flu shot and first dose of the Shingles vaccine today. 

Keep in mind I got BOTH Covid shots there.  With insurance (Aetna).

I'm waiting to get the shots when the pharmacist comes over and hands me a piece of paper that stated "Pharmacy Not Contracted" meaning they don't accept Aetna for basics like a flu shot.

I'm like... uh, it literally says Walgreens on the card, ma'am.  And she just turns and says sorry and walks away.

So... went across the street to CVS and asked them if I was qualified to get the shots there.  The pharmacist looked at me like I was a lunatic and said, "of course you are.  They're free with all insurance coverages." 

Ten minutes later I had one shot in each arm and off I went.

Point of all this is we are truly farged up in this country when you can't walk into any pharmacy and get vaccinated for anything.  That's one reason why we are never going to get past this Covid nightmare.  It's bad enough we have stupid fargs who refuse to get vaccinated.  The unbelievable bullshtein we have to get through just to get minimum basics like flu shots will be the death of us all one day.

MDS

wait did she pretend you were qualified for a free thing in order to avoid giving you the free thing because facebook meme
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on September 24, 2021, 11:35:17 PM
wait did she pretend you were qualified for a free thing in order to avoid giving you the free thing because facebook meme

I went there because I was registered already for Covid.  Our county government typically has a health fair where everything is there.  Just walk up and get your blood work, vaccines, etc. 

Covid has scotched all of that for the past two years so we're on our own.

Just for fun I called Publix, Target and Wally World and I got the same answer as CVS.  Come on in, you're covered for every vaccine under the sun. 

It's just insane that a company puts people through that.  It's like when ESPN has a fight with DirecTV and takes it off the lineup over money. Only in this case it's actually important.

I feel bad for old people who have trouble easily going somewhere else, actually.  I just said ok and went across the street, but what if their options are extremely limited?   Just buck up, bitches?

Insanity.

MDS

i think you ran into an anti vax pharmacist who lied about you not being covered in order to prevent you from getting a flu shot

id go to the mattresses on this...call up corporate hq and get her name and her job
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on September 25, 2021, 12:41:41 PM

...Wally World..

Lol .. what is that?  F'n Florida..

In other news I'm home isolated from my family awaiting results from a test today.  I don't think I have it but I'm not well and the kids aren't vaxxed. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Walmart. People have been calling it Wally World for as long as people have been calling Target Target but with the French pronunciation.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah first time I ever heard that was the late 80's when we first moved to Alabama.

SD

Wally World must be some hicktown shtein never heard it

Diomedes

Ah, ok.  I was fully prepared to learn that in Florida there is a pharmacy chain with a petting zoo name.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on September 25, 2021, 07:04:05 PM
Ah, ok.  I was fully prepared to learn that in Florida there is a pharmacy chain with a petting zoo name.

If there is, their best-selling product is bath salts.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2021, 02:55:41 PM
i think you ran into an anti vax pharmacist who lied about you not being covered in order to prevent you from getting a flu shot

id go to the mattresses on this...call up corporate hq and get her name and her job

TBH she was kinda hot.  Might be a bit stalkeriffic of me.