We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'm assuming he's acting rationally for his daughter's sake. 

So no, not him. 

Also - I've been working straight through this whole time.  My position is deemed essential, so I haven't been fortunate enough to work from home.  Our office remains closed except for appointments (we've had none).   We're doing daily temperature checks of employees, practicing social distancing, washing hands frequently, etc.

We're doing our part.  So far we've been fortunate.   I'm sorry, I meant wildly lucky that no one has fallen ill.

But watching motherfargers scoff at this is enraging to me.  I'm sick of the selfishness and goddamn dumbass ignorance on wide display.  You want to risk getting sick?  Fine.  Go lick stripper poles for all I care.  Just take precautions for those of us who don't. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Be Afriad, be very Afriad

General_Failure

Brave the Afraid, 24/7.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on May 08, 2020, 07:07:33 PM
https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1258581571323351040

Any time these dipshteins do things like this they always misspell things.

It's almost like...they're mentally challenged? Just guessing. Taking a shot in the dark.

Rome

Munson

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1258790669474299908

Can't imagine what happened in Florida over the last couple weeks that would cause a possible spike in cases and hospitalizations.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says

QuoteThe day before yesterday, 21 people died of COVID-19 in Japan. In the United States, 2,129 died. Comparing overall death rates for the two countries offers an even starker point of comparison with total U.S. deaths now at a staggering 76,032 and Japan's fatalities at 577. Japan's population is about 38% of the U.S., but even adjusting for population, the Japanese death rate is a mere 2% of America's.

This comes despite Japan having no lockdown, still-active subways, and many businesses that have remained open—reportedly including karaoke bars, although Japanese citizens and industries are practicing social distancing where they can. Nor have the Japanese broadly embraced contact tracing, a practice by which health authorities identify someone who has been infected and then attempt to identify everyone that person might have interacted with—and potentially infected.

Rome

Quote from: Munson on May 09, 2020, 12:15:08 AM
https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1258790669474299908

Can't imagine what happened in Florida over the last couple weeks that would cause a possible spike in cases and hospitalizations.

DeSantis has ordered them to stop reporting Covid deaths.  Some are obviously ignoring his Nazi bullshtein. 

General_Failure

'Summer is not going to make this go away': Temperature has little or no impact on spread of coronavirus, new study suggests

Quote"We had conducted a preliminary study that suggested both latitude and temperature could play a role. But when we repeated the study under much more rigorous conditions, we got the opposite result," he said.

By contrast, school closures and other public health measures had been an effective curb on coronavirus, Dr Juni added. "Our results are of immediate relevance as many countries, and some Canadian provinces and territories, are considering easing or removing some of these public health interventions," he said.

Munson

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1259003903393312769
https://twitter.com/bbclbicker/status/1258989194497519616

Imagine this except widespread throughout the entire country and none of the early cases get caught because we're not testing and contact tracing and suddenly wave 2 is here and hospitals start getting the NYC treatment of not having any capacity and stacking up dead bodies in fridge trucks parked outside.

Sending people inside to spend extended time within the same airflow of other people is going to lead to some really bad outbreaks.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on May 09, 2020, 10:12:57 AM
'Summer is not going to make this go away': Temperature has little or no impact on spread of coronavirus, new study suggests

Quote"We had conducted a preliminary study that suggested both latitude and temperature could play a role. But when we repeated the study under much more rigorous conditions, we got the opposite result," he said.

By contrast, school closures and other public health measures had been an effective curb on coronavirus, Dr Juni added. "Our results are of immediate relevance as many countries, and some Canadian provinces and territories, are considering easing or removing some of these public health interventions," he said.

they arent sure about temperature yet but on 60 minutes last week they had disease experts that have 100% concluded that direct sunlight kills it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2020, 05:05:49 PM...disease experts that have 100% concluded that direct sunlight kills it

Something something joke about Our Dear Leader encouraging people to cut out the roofs of their homes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i sorta misspoke saying "disease experts" like they are people who are doing a msnbc interview...these are actual disease scientists from fort detrick who did the tests themselves that determined this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

this chart tells me the maga states are farging things up and the east coast is of course where the smart people are
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.