We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

They made him take his MAGA hat off

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

The McMahons are heavy Republican donors, aside from Linda having a position in the Cabinet and now the Cheeto's re-election campaign.

https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/status/1250099171656261633

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Have any of these big companies who talked up PPE and ventilators actually delivered?

General_Failure

No. And nobody who donated to the restoration of Notre Dame has sent a dime. It's just a nice PR boost with no downside because nobody cares two days after they say the thing.

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1250345150787674112

Geowhizzer

Don't look at me.  My church has been online only since mid-March.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

My school has 1100 kids and 100+ staff.  So (forgive me here, I teach social studies, not math):

1200 X 3% = 36 deaths.  Just in my school.

Holy smoke.

PhillyPhreak54

So the GOP wants granny and gramps to bite it as a sacrifice and now this clown is ok with offing the kids and teachers too.

Diomedes

I'm going to permanently damage my children if I have to continue as their teacher.  This is an impossible task.

I want to drop the teachers off on the job site and tell them to build the addition, I'll check in once a day to see how you're doing.  Concrete sub scheduled to pour day after tomorrow, get him his elevations and boundary lines.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on April 16, 2020, 01:36:29 PM
I'm going to permanently damage my children if I have to continue as their teacher.  This is an impossible task.

I want to drop the teachers off on the job site and tell them to build the addition, I'll check in once a day to see how you're doing.  Concrete sub scheduled to pour day after tomorrow, get him his elevations and boundary lines.

I am a teacher, and working with my kids at home is threatening to send me into lunacy.

And no one... NO ONE wants me building or fixing anything.   I can barely change the oil in my car.

Munson

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1251221795123998720

Also yeah I think about what the hallways of my school look like between bells, how full my classes are, and my own health and coming home to my infant son and, well...sorry not sorry, you can keep your kids at home and make them do the work their teachers are providing.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Today, I was given five minutes notice of my 4th grader being expected to attend a class.  Wasn't his fault.  Teacher just added it to schedule last minute.  Teacher is having a hard time learning the technology, etc. etc.    I get it, it's cool.  Gotta be patient and generous with people.  Thing is, he hasn't had lunch.  That was planned for 1, cooking only just underway.  And he's got a spelling bee in an hour and a half, which he was going to study for after eating lunch.

Yo, I'm trying to run a household here.  Cook three meals, clean up from three meals.  Teach two children.  Find some way not to kill myself.

Just understand, you can assign work all you want...if we can't do the work we can't do it.

I am doing my best but my best isn't very good at all--that's why I didn't become a teacher-- and I'm letting them off the hook more and more easily as we go because I need peace in my home.

This f'n groundhog day routine is insane.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger