The coming financial crisis

Started by Butchers Bill, August 09, 2007, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Lose your retirement to own the libs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe in a cruel twist we'd lose a chunk to own the MAGAts

If this continues and he no longer has the market to lean on and gets him and his disgusting crew gone...cool

Diomedes

Delivery companies will only grow as a result.  Think of all those cranky boomers and older who have so far refused to learn how to order shtein from Amazon, all having their kids and grandkids over to be taught how to get Giant to send the groceries to the doorstep.

A bunch of them will survive, and of those, few will go back to Shop Rite ever again.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Dow futures down over 1000 right now
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

I taught myself options trading earlier this year and it has really come in handy lately. have made bank riding the volatility the last two weeks. mostly playing SPY and betting against the airlines and cruise lines.  shtein will go up or down 400-500% overnight. with no sports to gamble on i've been a bit addicted the last few weeks. obviously some luck involved but easy money. things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.

PhillyPhreak54

I need to learn this.

I've been making watch lists of stocks that have been in the shteinter and are mainly hospitality/travel/oil based

phattymatty

I'm still a newb but know enough to do some damage. feels a bit unamerican making money off the market tanking but meh, it's going to happen regardless.  last two weeks have actually been quite a rush - i've made more in two weeks than my boring portfolio has made in the last two years.

General_Failure

It might be the most American thing, second to making money off war.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Down 3k Monday
Up 1k yesterday
Down 1300 so far today

WTF - why the extreme swings?

Diomedes

That's sarcasm, right?  A snarky rhetorical question?

Extreme swings are occuring because people are people and times are wildly unpredictable. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Half rhetorical and half serious.

Monday was brutal. The news yesterday about the economic stimulus calmed things down and it rose. I'm curious as to what drives that optimism at market close yesterday into a losing the 1k they gained yesterday plus an additional (thus far) 500 points.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 18, 2020, 12:42:48 PM
Half rhetorical and half serious.

Monday was brutal. The news yesterday about the economic stimulus calmed things down and it rose. I'm curious as to what drives that optimism at market close yesterday into a losing the 1k they gained yesterday plus an additional (thus far) 500 points.

Uncertainty.  Rumors of an extended (18 month) quarantine.  Continued expansion and extension of current limits/closings.  Lack of faith in leadership.

Did I miss anything?

PhillyPhreak54

That about covers it I suppose!

this is brutal. But then again its likely going to doom Cheeto Dick in November so minor victory