Anybody read a good book lately?

Started by MURP, March 16, 2002, 12:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

tell me about it with the spectrum of emotions, i laughed, giggled, chuckled and smiled knowingly.  i ran the full range.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

http://theotherwesmoore.com/

this was written by a buddy of mine from high school.  comes out later this month. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

read?  no.  it's not out yet.  but i'll order a copy though.  but i know the story....at least most of it and it should make for a good read.  there's a video preview of the book at the bottom of the bottom of the page. 

i didn't meet moore until high school so i didn't really know him during his "troubled" years but when the light finally came on for this guy, he turned into a serious over achiever.  this dude has accomplished more in the last 10 years than i probably would given 2 life times.  smart guy, but laid back and easy going.  one of those dudes that's so likable, you hate him.  lol. 

rjs246

Quote from: rjs246 on March 02, 2010, 09:22:13 PM
blah blah blah

So I immediately went out and bought Contagious, by Scott Sigler. It's about alien invasion, so, yeah. It blends science and science fiction in an intelligent and totally entertaining way (so far) and is providing exactly what I needed.

This book was farging awesome. I mean, it's ridiculous but it's all army explosion tough guy beating alien mauling mind control nuclear holocaust amazingness. Well written, completely enjoyable and the first book I've read in forever (maybe since World War Z) that got me all fired up to smash some imaginary bad guys.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I recently listened to World War Z on tape and found it pretty weak.  It was written about as well as the cut scenes in a good video game.  So it was mildly entertaining, but not worth half the hype it got from fanboys like you.

rjs246

You need to shut your whore mouth.

Also, books on tape were meant for Charleton Heston reading The Old Man and the Sea, not some schlub (or group of schlubs) reading World War Z. Medium matters.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

you are to zombies what mds is to the wire

rjs246

What can I say? I can't wait for those fargers to a)destroy humanity and b)provide me with a guilt free avenue to take advantage of my gun lust.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Move to Arizona and you can shoot at trespassing Mexicans all you like.  They're kinda like zombies by the time they get across the desert.

rjs246

I said "guilt free". Now if they were French Canadian, then I'd be on board.

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on April 22, 2010, 04:20:31 PM
You need to shut your whore mouth.

this made me laugh.

We should all get together and brush our teeth. Naked.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05