Is the Price Right?

Started by Feva, August 30, 2005, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on August 30, 2005, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Eaglez on August 30, 2005, 03:48:50 PM
Who do you think has the better attitude between Peerless and Peter?

If I had to choose, I'd take Peerless. He could be a nice compliment to T.O. and would fit nicely in a #2 role.

I would go with Price if I had to choose, but someone earlier had said, bring them both in. What can it hurt, if all else fails, we burn them with T.O at the end of the season.

Whoa... bringing em both in is highly doubtful. You know the Eagles. They just don't go wild in free agency. If Price comes in I think he'd fit in well. We'd have a very productive season with WRs so we can put the "burning" on hold.  8)
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

ice grillin you

stop with the #2 nonsense

you honestly think andy would bring a guy off the streets and put him ahead of lewis whos worked his ass off for two years to get to this spot..and has shown so far that he can handle it...not to mention warrick and price would be lost in the offense as the #2 guy

if they sign a wr i can guarantee it wont be a price or a warrick...it will be a mccants type who will come in for depth and be a #4 guy over mcscrub

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

WEST is GOD

Lewis prefers to play the slot, so if we bring Price in I doubt Price would play the slot. Price would play opposite of TO. You're right forget about numbering the WRs. Price wouldn't be #2 on the depth chart. He would be in on a lot of plays though.

TempleOwl

Quote from: Monster on August 30, 2005, 03:54:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on August 30, 2005, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Eaglez on August 30, 2005, 03:48:50 PM
Who do you think has the better attitude between Peerless and Peter?

If I had to choose, I'd take Peerless. He could be a nice compliment to T.O. and would fit nicely in a #2 role.

I would go with Price if I had to choose, but someone earlier had said, bring them both in. What can it hurt, if all else fails, we burn them with T.O at the end of the season.

Whoa... bringing em both in is highly doubtful. You know the Eagles. They just don't go wild in free agency. If Price comes in I think he'd fit in well. We'd have a very productive season with WRs so we can put the "burning" on hold.  8)

That is a "just-for-this-year" type of solution.  I don't see the FO doing this.  They feel good about G-lew and...[shameless advertising]

... as his proud sponsor, I feel good about Reggie Brown!!  ;D [/shameless advertising]
"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...SHOOT IT!"

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2005, 03:58:34 PM

you honestly think andy would bring a guy off the streets and put him ahead of lewis whos worked his ass off for two years to get to this spot..and has shown so far that he can handle it...not to mention warrick and price would be lost in the offense as the #2 guy

if they sign a wr i can guarantee it wont be a price or a warrick...it will be a mccants type who will come in for depth and be a #4 guy over mcscrub

The comments above were lucid, well-constructed and intelligently presented.

Which of course begs the question...

Who are you and what have you done with out little buddy IGY?

WEST is GOD

First thing is first. Step 1 is bringing him in. Step 2 is evaluating his position on the roster after the year is over. Right now I'd prefer to just concentrate on what he can do for the Eagles if we bring him in. Unless the Eagles have someone else in mind that they really want, I can't see why Price wouldn't be a good fit. He's had success playing with a #1 in Moulds. He knows some of the WCO since the Falcons put it in last year. He's got good speed, good hands, and the Eagles need a veteran. We know the Eagles are going to sign one veteran. If not Price then who?

WEST is GOD

See, I never got that logic. Basically you are saying they won't bring someone who will step right in and start over guys who have worked hard all offseason. Well, no player they bring in will come right in and just start over those guys. Every player brought in has to earn their job. If Price comes in and earns his spot over Greg Lewis, then doesn't that help the team? When you run a football team you always want competition. You don't just settle for worse players because they will be slotted behind 2 guys who are better. If the Eagles like Mccants, then that is ok. But you don't just bring in a guy who is #4 quality. You bring in the best talent that you like that is available and see what they make of it.

ice grillin you

The comments above were lucid, well-constructed and intelligently presented.

Which of course begs the question...

Who are you and what have you done with out little buddy IGY?

i love you too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

You guys are totally going to hump.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

I'm proud of you ice!  Great call :yay
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

You guys are totally going to hump.

Nuh uh.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Speaking of getting farged in the ass, from Pasquarfatty's column on Price...

QuoteThe Falcons will save the $2 million in base salary they would have paid Price this year, but the team will absorb a salary cap hit of $5.7 million in 2006.

Holy crap.   :o

WEST is GOD

Clayton on NFL Live said the Pats, Cowboys, and forget who else contacted Price, and that Price called up the Eagles and the Seahawks.