DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2014, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: SD on March 19, 2014, 05:55:53 PM
They want Desean to get his shtein together

get his shtein together?....i dont even know what this means

this is all about money and how howie budgets the roster

dook went 80-1400-10 last year and made pos riley kkkooper into an actual wr...that is having your shtein together and then some

he's black, has tats, and posts pictures of himself on the internet.  obviously he needs to get all that shtein together, it's scary
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

thats why a lot of fans hate him.....i think the front office hates him cause he makes a lot of money and probably wants more
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Well, let's not pretend like he doesn't have a history of playing like shtein when he has a bad attitude about his contract. And let's also not pretend like he's making next to nothing this year; he's already making a lot of money, even by premier WR standards. I don't care what pictures he's putting up or how many tattoos the guy has...I care about how many points he's putting up and how many catches he has.

The drama is stupid for everybody. That said, with his game and size I think it's pretty clear that his style has a pretty short shelf-life. He knows it and wants to lock up as much money as possible now. And the team knows it and doesn't want to get burned on the back end. I get both sides. Still, time for both sides to shut up.

ice grillin you

hes missed 9 games in six years and is 27 years old....how does he have a short shelf life?

this notion that hes a concussion machine or somehow injury prone is baffling to me....somewhere along the line the injury stuff became a talking point against pimp...its like people search so hard for the negative with him

just like he had alligator arms and didnt try after the dunta hit...when in fact some of his career best games came immediately after the concussion

Zanshin

No, I don't mean because of injury. I mean because of his size and how is game is completely predicated on speed. The second he loses a step, he's just another guy.

ice grillin you

i agree with that but hes like three seasons away from that happening...i dont want the eagles giving him big guaranteed money when hes 32...but when you are 17 mil under a cap that is going to skyrocket over the next few years why would you worry about caking him off btwn ages 27-30

Zanshin

Isn't he already the biggest cap hit as a WR this year not named Megatron? I can see the team not wanting to redo a contract that they already negotiated that pays the guy.

ice grillin you

i dont think the eagles want to pay him under the terms of his existing deal

General_Failure

The poor front office, pulling out their hair trying to figure out how to deal with Jackson's massive contract while still $17 mil under the cap this year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

I don't have a dog in this fight, as Vick would say. It's just all speculation at this point. Somebody, somewhere is being an icehole. But that's true of everything, everywhere.

PhillyPhreak54

Chip is too busy to talk to him again today...hes at Mizzou's Pro Day.

Howie is hard at work scouting the next GJ Kinne in his office.

General_Failure

Well then who's working all these trade offers? God damn it, when will this team get their shtein together?!

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Because the trades offers make no football sense perhaps he's tasked that to Swoop?

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteZach Berman ‏@ZBerm 2m

Still haven't heard from anyone around league who understands from a football perspective why the Eagles would trade DeSean Jackson

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 20, 2014, 01:34:02 PM
QuoteZach Berman ‏@ZBerm 2m

Still haven't heard from anyone around league who understands from a football perspective why the Eagles would trade DeSean Jackson

guess what.....no one who isnt from around the league understands it either