DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I sympathize with several of these arguments.  He should have been paid long ago.  He should have played like a man. 

Blah blah.

The season is over.  Let him sit out the rest of the way so he can stay healthy and put Riley Cooper et. al out there.  I don't care.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MMH

If I performed at my job like DeSean performs at his, I would get fired.  I certainly wouldn't get rewarded with a promotion and a fat pay check.
Half-assing, alligator arming and bitching don't get a payday, and his best days won't last much longer in any event.

SunMo

once again you choose to only acknowledge this past season.  what if you performed your job like he did last year and didn't get the raise you deserved?  what then?

whatever the answer is, it's bat shtein crazy to compare real world situations

desean jackson is in the upper tier of a job that less than 1% of the population can do.  that fact gives him certain leverage that nobody in the regular working sector has.

the compensation may be way out of skew for what jobs are really important in life, but that precedent was set long ago
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

What has he done since the miracle at the meadowlands?  [Other than act as a decoy, taunt, shy from contact, drop balls, talk smack, and retreat on punt returns?]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

well he got hurt and played hurt in their playoff game against the packers.

but you know, he's just a pos who doesn't try

reese125

farg desean jackson and anybody that thinks its ok to farg up a WHOLE teams chances of winning for your own interest. stay home.

any guy that Hoydas it up like that on the field and costs the rest of the team doesnt deserve to be on the field. that was so pinkston/watersesque it was disgusting. like we still owe him some kind of special red carpet treatment now after 11 games for returning a punt a year ago.

I believe this though---paid or not paid he short arms and misses those td passes and regresses this year regardless....just like 97% of the top FA's that get paid big dollars. really cool trend in the nfl.

Diomedes

Quote from: SunMo on November 28, 2011, 08:23:26 PM

in other words, he hasn't done shtein

but you know, he's the best WR in the league

MMH

I get paid for consistent performance, not spotty performance.
This is also the guy who spiked the ball on the 1 yard line.  According to some sources, he also led the Eagles in drops last season.
He's a bitch ass punk, with incredible, possibly elite talent.
Andre Johnson has the same talent, without being a douchebag.  Give me that.

General_Failure

Top recievers who aren't douchebags are few and far between, and the Eagles don't know how to draft them. Jackson is the best we're going to get out of these sons of bitches, so I'd rather they keep his stupid ass and pay him to shut up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on November 28, 2011, 08:25:05 PM

i never said he was the best in the league.  he doesn't deserve fitzgerald money like he claims.  he deserves a substantial raise though.  the eagles have refused to give that and are now paying the price

Munson

I don't care what they pay him, he needs to not be a little bitch when catching balls. That's what he gets paid to do, whatever that amount is. When he's dropping balls and short arming balls, he's not doing his job.

Yes, he deserves a raise. Yes, the team needs him. No, he's not a #1 WR. Yes, he is playing like a little bitch and there's nothing that justifies hurting your team/not playing for your teammates.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MMH on November 28, 2011, 08:10:47 PM
If I performed at my job like DeSean performs at his, I would get fired.  I certainly wouldn't get rewarded with a promotion and a fat pay check.

you also can be be easily replaced at your job...if you left tomorrow your company wouldnt even blink...and they certainly wouldnt offer to pay you ten times more if you threatened to quit

oh also you arent one of the top playmakers in the nfl...apples and oranges

Quote from: Diomedes on November 28, 2011, 08:21:48 PM
What has he done since the miracle at the meadowlands?  [Other than act as a decoy, taunt, shy from contact, drop balls, talk smack, and retreat on punt returns?]

that was 11 games ago...ten of which happened this year....i dnt think anyone is arguing that this year from all aspects has been a disaster

the point is that his first three years in the league he was one of if not the top playmaker in the nfl and everyone around the eagles has gotten caked cept him

kill him if you want for not giving forth max effort this year but trying to degrade him as a player for this season i think is offbase
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on November 28, 2011, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on November 28, 2011, 08:25:05 PM

i never said he was the best in the league.  he doesn't deserve fitzgerald money like he claims.  he deserves a substantial raise though.  the eagles have refused to give that and are now paying the price

at this point as much as i love the guy i want him to go...so all the dumb ass eagles fans and the front office can try and replace him....they literally have never had a player like him on offense...and when i say never i dont mean under andy reid or banner inc i mean ever like since 1933...but go ahead and play with all jason avants...i dont give a farg anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

Why can't it be that the Eagles need to pay him AND he needs to step his game up too?