We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Diomedes on May 13, 2021, 09:04:30 AM
pandemic been the longest stretch i've ever experienced without any illness at all...I got used to feeling good..2nd moderna shot was yesterday and I feel awful

Got 2nd moderna last Thursday.  Thursday night I was fine.  Woke up with cold sweats, had a 102 fever all Friday.  Felt terrible.  When I woke up Saturday I felt normal again.

phattymatty

everyone I know who got moderna had side effects and everyone I know who got Pfizer had none.

Zanshin

I had Pfizer. Followed medical advice from dr. friends to well-hydrate and get extra zinc prior to the second shot, and had zero issues.

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on May 14, 2021, 01:35:08 PMeveryone I know who got moderna had side effects and everyone I know who got Pfizer had none.

admittedly a small sample size but same here

I always break out in angry hives when I'm sick or overheated working in hot weather...full flower last night, pink and puffy across torso and inside of arms, etc...yay.  had a hard time sleeping last night, wife came to bed at like 1 a.m...couldn't really get back to sleep after that..she's snoring away

finally get up, feeling physically better but grumpy and groggy from interruptions and poor sleep...making morning coffee, open trash bin cabinet, dumping yesterday's paper filter and grinds into the trash can--NO LINER! GODAMNIT NO BAG IN CAN--reflexes not fast enough, too groggy, whatever, can't recover, but because of the attempt, instead of the mess just going in the empty can, I upend the farging thing and it bounces off the edge of the can, then slips from my hand...farging mess everywhere..in the empy can, on the counter, on the stovetop, on the floor...

WHO THE farg EMPTIES THE TRASH WITHOUT PUTTING ANOTHER BAG IN IT GODDAMN YOU

cats yowling to be fed, ancient dog desperately needs her walk...

farging give me COVID and bury me farg this

had you given me on option to kill every living thing this mornign, like a button or something, I'd have mashed it
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

oh yeah...and shivers...had a fit of shivers so bad I'm wondering if I have MS....no fine motor control at all, hard time breathing....I looked like a caricature of someone suffering from D.T.s, took five minutes or so to pass...awful....total lock up of my torso, it was hard to breath.....farg this, let me die
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

about 10 hours since shot 2

felt mostly fine until late afternoon when i got pretty tired. slept some, now i have a head cold.

even if things were worse or get worse i am more than ok with it. covid you bitch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

One of my colleagues died of brain cancer not too long ago.  Great guy.  Funny, acerbic & smart as hell.  He's missed greatly.

Anyway, they had a celebration of life for him at a beach resort yesterday.  It was supposed to be held outside on the pool deck but evidently it was too windy so they held it in one of the guest rooms.  There was probably 25 people jammed in there, and even though I'm doubled up, and have been for a while, it still freaked me out.  I got the hell out of there after a few minutes.

I was just sitting here wondering how many of those people have been vaccinated.  I know one of them has been for sure, but the others - I highly doubt it.  It was a perfect breeding ground for Covid too. 

That's the sort of lunacy we're up against.  People are blissfully gathering in confined spaces and remembering a dead guy during a pandemic that has killed 600,000 people.  We are well and truly fubar.

Rome

I have one employee in my district left who hasn't been vaccinated.  Our policy is if you've been vaccinated you do not have to wear a mask in the office.  That goes for everyone.  If you haven't, you must continue to mask up and socially distance. 

He came into my office and suggested he was being discriminated against, so I gave him the number for HR and told him any further discussions regarding the office policy will be held with an HR rep in the room with us. 

That's what we're up against.  People are so farging backwards they think they're the ones being discriminated against by endangering others.

I was never a big fan of people before the pandemic hit.  Imagine how I feel about the species now.

PhillyPhreak54

QAnon and these people (prob one in the same) need to be exiled to some farging island

https://twitter.com/ericboehlert/status/1402462762299691011 21

General_Failure

My sister was spouting that shtein to my mom last week. Who could have guessed that someone who never moved out of their home town would be easily manipulated?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

We're back to wearing masks again in the office. 

Why? 

People are farging dumbasses. 

General_Failure

I got a feeling we'll be back to wearing them at work here before the end of the year. Good luck getting the public to wear them again any time in the next hundred years, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I was just about to come on here and ask how long til we see masks required, large gatherings banned and lockdowns?

The Biden admin will fail because of the seeds planted and dissent fostered by Cheeto Dick's admin along with the disinformation online and on the MAGA News Channels.

MDS

i dont see it go past indoor mask mandates

what that means for night clubs and concert venues where its people packed into a tight space spreading germs, i dont know. but i just cant see the country going back to significant restrictions or capacity limits.

we're all just going to have live with this thing. i got my shot, the odds of me dying or getting super sick are insanely low. if you get the delta and croak oh well
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Tha's all fine and good so long as the vaccines continue to work.