Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

That's it. Perfectly illustrated in one article. The sheer ignorance and cavalier attitude that people have.

I had a conversation with someone the other day about this. About the whole peoples "freedoms" to not wear a mask or adhere to guidelines don't matter because it's not just them they're infecting and or killing. They still don't get it! Nor do they get that it's not just the flu or they spout off the mortality rate while ignoring the life altering after effects.

farg these people sideways. Selfish corksuckers.

General_Failure

You need to understand that other people aren't real like I am. I wish you could, but as you're not an actual person with hopes, dreams, and critical thinking skills, you will never understand why my sons Kaiden, Aiden, Braiden, Jaiden, and Iron Maiden need to be in school right now with no mask. And no, we will not be taking your mind control vaccine.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

highest daily new case count yesterday at 252k+
highest daily death count yesterday at 3,406

on track for 560k+ dead Americans by April Fool's Day.  That's basically a year of the Covid life in America.

in 2019 the flu killed about 22,000 Americans.

22k v. 560k.

I think we should start just putting people who say it's just another flu into re-education camps.  Throw a bag over their heads, drag them off to a prison camp somewhere...be done with this bullshtein.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

I switched jobs mid-pandemic, up in the air if that was a smart choice or not, and my new job is based in Arizona.  I think 10% of our workforce currently have covid.

PhillyPhreak54

Geo check in buddy - how you livin? Everything alright?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 21, 2020, 09:40:06 PM
Geo check in buddy - how you livin? Everything alright?

I'm doing well.

I tried to isolate after testing positive, but it was probably already too late.  My wife and both kids tested positive later in the same week.  I was worried about my wife because she had a bad case of pneumonia 10 years ago and some lingering breathing issues, but thankfully all of us had only mild symptoms.  Mine was a mild fever (never topped 101) and cough that lasted about three days.  Never had to use more than OTC flu medicine.

I will say that my walks have been drastically shortened - I was out of energy after one mile last night.  This summer I did up to seven, and routinely was going 4-5 daily.

Did the obligatory 10-day quarantine and was back in the classroom just in time for the students to mentally go on Christmas break for three days before going officially.  They were sweet, though - they worried about the old guy getting COVID.  Of course, being a teacher, I was still working remotely.  I had a sub in the room to meet that requirement, but I checked into the class via ZOOM.  It was weird, but at least I could better keep some sort of instructional momentum.

We're all alive, relatively healthy, and extremely thankful.  My wife has a former student that went into the hospital the other night with her symptoms, and she's only in her 20s.  Feels like playing a sort of Russian Roulette - thankfully all of our chambers were empty.  And on the plus side, we should hopefully have some degree of immunity until we can get the vaccine.

Rome

Dude, so glad to hear you and yours are doing well. 

General_Failure

Glad to hear you guys are doing okay.

MDS

its a good thing youre doing well geo, now you get to live through another immensely disappointing phillies season

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

My running line for years was that I knew exactly the year the Eagles won the Super Bowl - the season after I died.

I saw 2 Phils World Series, the Sixers win one, and Foles hoist up that damned Lombardi*.  Everything else is gravy.

*Technically I was alive for the two Flyers Cups, but I was four for the second one.