We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8173363/Wuhan-doctor-went-public-spread-coronavirus-goes-missing.html

QuoteA Wuhan doctor who was among the first to alert other medics to the spread of coronavirus has disappeared sparking concerns that she has been detained, reports suggest.

Dr Ai Fen said she faced 'unprecedented, extremely harsh reprimanded' by officials at Wuhan Central Hospital after she shared a picture of a patient report labelled 'SARS coronavirus'.

The image was widely circulated and made its way to whistle-blower Li Wenliang who raised the alarm about the bug, which has killed more than 41,000 people worldwide.

Dr Li was reprimanded by authorities for 'illegally spreading untruthful information online'.[/quote

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Nbd just the flu right?

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1245175132055842819 21

Meanwhile you have shteinbags like DeSantis and other governors shrugging it off.

Munson

Test came back negative. 6 days between test and results.

I'm still a little spooked about being at the testing center so I'm gonna take a few more days to make sure I don't spike a fever but still a relief.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Great news, Munson.  My colleague's wife also got a negative result today which was administered seven days ago. 

General_Failure

Florida finally told to stay at home, will promptly go out and buy more ammo in response.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on April 01, 2020, 02:54:47 PM
Florida finally told to stay at home, will promptly go out and buy more ammo in response.

The Collier County Sheriff's Office issued a Facebook post to my neighborhood about "shooting responsibly."  I'm sure there are bullet holes in many computer screens around here now.

Rome

We are still "essential." 

Still, nice of Governor Dipshtein to finally remove his nose from Trump's ass long enough to see his constituents starting to die by the truckloads. 

Diomedes

Hopkins tracker inched over 5% mortality...has been steadily increasing for days and days...I recall 3.2%

920k+ confirmed cases
46k+ confirmed dead

I fully expect 1M / 50k+ when I check tomorrow morning
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Rome

I ran into a friend of mine who works at emergency mgmt for the county.  May 3rd is the forecast peak for this based on CDC data.  No coincidence then that Governor Dipshtein threw the locks on for thirty days.

I went to the market to pick up fresh fruit and stuff and it was eerily quiet.  No wait in any of the lines and it was fully stocked except for toilet paper.  Someone some day needs to explain the insanity of hoarding toilet paper during a pandemic. 

It's been a month since this started for God's sake. 

Geowhizzer

DeSantis issued an executive "order."  Basically, it's "Stay home, pretty please."

Munson

So how's everyoen doing their grocery shopping?

I'm trying to keep my mom (who works at a grocery store) off the store floor since she's always trying to buy shtein for us. I'm gonna start doing online order and pick up. I don't want to do the other services that just drive more people into the store, I'd rather do stores that do it right there with their employees and I can roll up and they can pack it in the trunk.

I see that WalMart and Target do it. Target also does "Shipt" to deliver them. Anyone have any experiences with any stores they like?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Double check which items you don't want equivalent replacements for.

Diomedes

I go to the store and buy groceries.  $313 tonight.  They had no cheese, no tp, no rice, no flour, no yeast, no isopropyl alcohol 91%.  Slim pickings on meats.  I got a lot of boneless chicken thighs on two for one, am going to be freezing those up for half a dozen very inexpensive and tasty meals.  The "prepared" meats / lunchables area completely sold out.  No hot dogs, but still had kielbasa.  Produce well stocked and fresh.  Cheap bread gone but plenty of good stuff.  Eggs were low...I paid way too much for a couple dozen happy chicken eggs.   I have a friend who keeps chickens in a coop I built.  I'm calling it essential to pay him a visit in about a week.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger