We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 17, 2020, 07:32:45 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 17, 2020, 07:27:14 PM
i was mostly kidding about all that

I know.  Not sure about SD.

We have to keep it up long enough for the hospitals to handle a steady intake of patients for the next year to 18 months, when we should have a vaccine....

We have to keep it up a  very long time or your buddy with sickle cell, your aunt with the diabetes, your friend who just finished chemo....etc...are goners.

I was kidding I'm just frustrated. I get the big picture. I tried finding volunteer work but even that's hard to come by.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on March 17, 2020, 06:45:22 PM
The kids aren't going back this year at all, book it.

That's my guess.  It would almost be better just to do it now.  This piecemeal shtein just drags it out.

Rome

Mrs. Rome is a cancer survivor with a compromised immune system thanks to the drugs she took to beat that corksucker of a disease. 

I'd really rather not "just get it over with" where she's concerned, thanks.

Diomedes

Maybe I'm a terrible parent but I already told my kids they probably aren't going back at all this year, that I'm not too concerned about them finishing their lesson plans, and we'll deal with it all in time.  All I can do right now is focus on surviving the day without murdering them or killing myself. 

My wife is full time nurse, and full time grad student, both at wicked famous, challenging institutions.  I'm effectively single-parenting this show, and in the middle of my biggest (stalled) job ever.  Cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, teaching....I'm f'n miserable.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

BTW...does anyone really believe that Russia has only 115 or so cases?  That's just not credible.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: Diomedes on March 17, 2020, 08:21:22 PM...but I already told my kids they probably aren't going back at all this year...

Not that much actual education occurs there, but:  the state of Kansas has called school for the rest of the academic year. 

They won't be the only State to do it.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on March 17, 2020, 08:29:08 PM
BTW...does anyone really believe that Russia has only 115 or so cases?  That's just not credible.

A lot of potential carriers died of sudden lead poisoning.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

gun stores are nuts right now, if you care.  :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

General_Failure

When aren't gun stores having a rush lately, anyway? Honest question. Gun nuts seem to do nothing but panic buy no matter what the news is.

General_Failure

Munson

https://twitter.com/jeremycyoung/status/1239975682643357696

Thread that summarizes the report.

12-18 months of suppression or millions of Americans die.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on March 18, 2020, 10:47:15 AM
https://twitter.com/jeremycyoung/status/1239975682643357696

Thread that summarizes the report.

12-18 months of suppression or millions of Americans die.

its just the flu bro

SD

Remember when Trump scrambled the National Guard to the border for the imaginery caravan

General_Failure