Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

General_Failure

A guy who owns a fedora.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

And a handsome gentleman, obviously.

Diomedes

Some of you actual Philly folks may appreciate this news:  Apparently there was a homeless dude on South Street who wore a viking helmet and was known by lots of people, some of whom loved him and others thought him a menace.  Anyway, he's dead now.

memorial pics:
http://imgur.com/a/kcZxR
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

After years of being pressured by political correctness, Chink's Steaks is now "Joe's Steaks + Soda Shop" starting today

ice grillin you

also on the change front

today at five 100.3 is switching to "old school" r&b and rap
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 01, 2013, 12:05:54 PM
After years of being pressured by political correctness, Chink's Steaks is now "Joe's Steaks + Soda Shop" starting today

There was seriously a restaurant named Chink's Steaks in Philly? You're a bunch of MA fargs.

Sgt PSN

What's funny is that the name stems from nothing but a racial stereotype.  I've never been there but I always figured it was named after someone with the last name of Chink.  Turns out, dude who originally owned it got the nickname "chink" as a kid because his eyes were a little narrow like the orientals.  The guy who owns it now obviously has more common (and better business) sense.   

I read an article on it the other day and there was a poll on whether or not the name should change.  Like 75% voted to keep the name the same.  Go Philly!   

MDS

yea but the steaks are really good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

and here i assumed all the steakshops in the city were run by really racially progressive people

General_Failure

PA City Punishes Domestic Violence Victims Who Call the Police

Norristown, but close enough.

QuoteThe police threatened Ms. Briggs with eviction because she had received their assistance for domestic violence. Under Norristown's "disorderly behavior ordinance," the city penalizes landlords and tenants when the police respond to three instances of "disorderly behavior" within a four-month period. The ordinance specifically includes "domestic disturbances" as disorderly behavior that triggers enforcement of the law.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I kind of like that actually.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Ah, things like this make me proud to call Norristown home. 

So if SD wants to get rid of his crazy girlfriends, all he has to do is beat them on the regular until they call the cops and and get evicted?  Knuckle up, SD. 

Also, the ACLU needs to learn the difference between a city and a borough. 

Diomedes

At the corner of Frankford Ave/Belgrade St/Crease St in Fishtown.