Wild Card Weekend vs New Orleans Saints

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 29, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Eagles_Legendz

they knew what was coming and couldn't stop it against a mediocre running team and a 3rd string running back.  DLine got no pressure all game and was getting blown off the ball in run defense.

hbionic

Williams was the only one close to Sproles on the return? iceholes didn't stay in their lanes.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Quote from: General_Failure on January 04, 2014, 10:55:25 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on January 04, 2014, 10:54:24 PM
Alright how are they losing this? I say the Eagles score a TD and old as the hills kicker Graham connects on a 50+ yarder.

Punt with 4 minutes left, never to get the ball back.

I guess the game went slightly better than I thought it would.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: NC_Eagle on January 04, 2014, 11:17:44 PM
That big return and penalty was the nail in the coffin.

Nail in the coffin yes, but the critical plays were much earlier - not getting points off a turnover, Foles taking a horrible sack taking them out of FG range, Coopers drop on 3rd down, not stopping the saints on a 3rd down etc. The plays that lost the game didn't happen near the end imo.

QB Eagles

Honestly, it's alright. We knew this defense wasn't very good and we knew they weren't going to win the Super Bowl. The season annihilated all expectations and I couldn't have drawn it up much better. Howie, start finding some nasty motherfargers for this defense.

For the rest of this season I just hope the fraud Packers get eliminated so the NFC can send a worthy team to the SB.

hbionic

Football season is over for me. The rest can burn in hell. Sundays free again.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

#1 rushing team in the NFL- check
Cold weather advantage - check
Home field - check
Pimp - check
#1 rated QB - check
Explosive, big play offense - check

What the hell happened?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: hbionic on January 04, 2014, 11:32:48 PM
Football season is over for me. The rest can burn in hell. Sundays free again.

We go surf!

General_Failure

Quote from: Don Ho on January 04, 2014, 11:33:53 PM
#1 rushing team in the NFL- check
Cold weather advantage - check
Home field - check
Pimp - check
#1 rated QB - check
Explosive, big play offense - check

What the hell happened?

It turns out none of those things are a defense or special teams. Except Jackson, who is in fact special teams and did a good job there. So none of those things are a defense or the other parts of special teams.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

We can sit here and pick apart the team, or we can just acknowledge they overperformed this season. Sure, it's a bummer they lost and yeah I want a Superbowl as bad as the next fan, but there's not enough talent to make that happen this season. They desperately need another playmaking WR, DE who can collapse a pocket, and DB not named Chung. If you asked me prior to the start of the season would I call 10-6, winning the East, and a first round loss a success, I'd of said hell yeah. Pretty sure my ceiling prediction was in the 8 win range and thought they'd only win 6.

PhillyPhreak54

It was great to go 4-12 to 10-6.

Chip proved he is not overmatched and that he can be a legit HC. They have another off-season to fix the holes and then come back and dominate next year.

MDS

what a surprise the eagles lost in the playoffs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.