We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Gerrymandering is still a thing, they'll be fine.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Also, did anybody here get an antibodies blood test done? I just had one done this week and my number was high enough that it pretty much convinced me that I did have covid back in January of 2020
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Are we living in some sort of alternate farging world? Like what the farg.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1466425106708713485 21

General_Failure

The number of gullible people has stayed at the same percentage, more or less, throughout history. You just have access to more information about them than ever before.

Geowhizzer

Finally got the booster scheduled for next week.  3 shots + 1 case of COVID = lots of implanted chips?

General_Failure

You're basically a cyborg now.

Diomedes

Got my booster today at the Waverly Giant.  Props to the staff there...they are working at a furious pace, dealing with some of the rudest, most impatient people you'll ever meet. 

What you think is gonna happen when you roll up to get a shot as a walk up?  Thnk you just gonna step right into the chair with no wait?  It's been an hour?  Oh, the horror. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Quote from: Munson on December 02, 2021, 12:14:12 AM
Also, did anybody here get an antibodies blood test done? I just had one done this week and my number was high enough that it pretty much convinced me that I did have covid back in January of 2020

I was actually wondering this recently - can they still tell that even after you got the vax or is it just more of a probably?

Diomedes

Omicron variant confirmed in Baltimore metro.  *sigh
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on December 03, 2021, 01:31:25 PM
Got my booster today at the Waverly Giant.  Props to the staff there...they are working at a furious pace, dealing with some of the rudest, most impatient people you'll ever meet. 

What you think is gonna happen when you roll up to get a shot as a walk up?  Think you just gonna step right into the chair with no wait?  It's been an hour?  Oh, the horror.

For my first two shots, I had to travel halfway across the state (like I'm sure many did) and was glad to do it.  An hour at CVS just seems like nothing.

Then again, with the state of our society...

MDS

florida just introduced a state run militia using a civil war era slogan so im surprised theyre allowing vaccinations

i got my flu shot last week and they told me to wait 2 weeks. other people have gotten them at the same time. i dont know.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Part of the reason I've waited a bit longer was that I had to get my shingles vaccine.

Damned 50s.

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on December 03, 2021, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Munson on December 02, 2021, 12:14:12 AM

I was actually wondering this recently - can they still tell that even after you got the vax or is it just more of a probably?

So there actually is a test that can differentiate antibodies because apparently you make a different type of antibody from infection than you do just vaccine. I have no idea how to get that test or if it's even commercially available. I'm basing my assumption on just my total number that came back. Everything i was able to find about what antibody levels are when someone is freshly vaccinated or has recovered from the virus seemed to indicate that my levels are way too high for someone who is 8+ months out from my 2nd shot. So either my immune system is ridiculous or, more likely, my antibodies have stayed this high because the vaccine was actually the second time my body saw the virus.

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 03, 2021, 06:14:36 PM
Part of the reason I've waited a bit longer was that I had to get my shingles vaccine.

Damned 50s.

I get my second dose on Friday of next week.  The first one kicked my ass, bro.  I've had three Covid jabs and they were nothing in comparison.  I'm not sure if this is why but I haven't had Covid (although I was sick as hell in Feb 2020) but I have had chicken pox (50 years ago).