We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

This is what the "I'm an adult and can choose what I want to do" iceholes still don't get. They don't get that their ignorance and icehole behavior affect others. They still say this is the flu. Or whatever other shtein they come up with.

Now this young person didn't die. But they're going to have to live with this forever.

https://twitter.com/rileybehrens/status/1333230792206553089 21

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

A friend of mine was telling me about her Thanksgiving dinner fiasco. They had one for her work, her fault for attending in the first place I guess. Maybe it was one of those mandatory things, I don't know. Anyway, some idiot goober showed up, announced halfway through that he hadn't been feeling well and was waiting on the results of his test. He hadn't even informed his own family, nevermind all these people at a big dumb office dinner. Just up and decided, "I'm super sick, I don't know if it's the flu or the corona, I'm just gonna go to this party and load up on mashed potatoes."

Eagaholic

I can't believe I still can't believe these kinds of things actually happen. I mean, I know there's tons of total shteinheads out there and I'm sure plenty enough of these stories are true, but I still just can't wrap my head around it.

General_Failure

Anything's possible if you don't value other people's lives.

Diomedes

When these folks were denying climate science, it was easier to look the other way, because the consequences of their actions/inaction were too diffuse to elucidate simply.  Now, we have basically a one-to-one relation between refusal to behave in accordance with science, and literal actual harm/death to other, identifiable people.

The line igy quoted in another thread, about the Reagan era Republicans realizing best and soonest how fundamentally selfish the American people are applies well here.  Selfish even to the point of self-extinction, it turns out.  I would argue that those Republicans were hardly the first to know it.  The founders themselves (and innumerable other thinkers for millenia prior) well knew how base human nature is, and attempted to devise a system that accounted for our failings, and create institutions that would militate against our worst behaviors.  Unfortunately, they couldn't imagine circumstances as bizarre and extreme as the ones we now face, nor a leader so thoroughly corrupted and petty.

So, here we are.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

New MD cases in last 24 hours totally blows up the previous record.

3,792 today / 2,910 (11/10)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Again the after effects are a problem which the idiots still don't understand

https://twitter.com/jeff_legwold/status/1334926455390810118 21

Rome

DeSantis is directly responsible for the needless deaths of tens of thousands of Floridians.  Typically if a person kills that many people, they're hunted down and thrown into a jail cell.  He's getting invitations to the White House. 

When this is all over there *should be* Nuremberg-style trials.  There won't be but there should be. 

ice grillin you

good luck with that...10% of the country doesnt think covid exists...over half thinks its not serious and biden just said he wished trump would come to the inauguration so the country can heal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It's just the flu. I heard that today.  Again.  Imma go fargtard on someone soon.  I can feel it.

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 04, 2020, 05:32:35 PM
It's just the flu. I heard that today.  Again.  Imma go fargtard on someone soon.  I can feel it.

Masks don't work
It's tyranny
99% of people survive
The vaccine was only announced after the election for political reasons

Curios how many of you will take the vaccine. At first I was a hard pass but 2 years ago I got chicken pox and that week and a half sucked ass. If I could have just taken a shot and not have gone through that I'd have done it.

Rome

Taking it.  I'd be first in line if I could.

Diomedes

I drink tap water and eat fish out of the Chesapeake.

If the vaccine is good enough for the masses it's good enough for me.