We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the easy solution is dont live in florida
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/09/us/sturgis-motorcycle.html?

QuoteBut I don't know one person in a six-state radius who has had Covid. I think it is all just political."

PhillyPhreak54

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/trump-coronavirus-deaths-timeline.html

sit back, grab a drink - you'll need one to take the edge off - and read how Cheeto Dick has screwed this up

General_Failure

Honestly, I don't think I need to read it. I watched it happen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Nothing like a good recap!

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

This is mildly surprising.

Just landed in PHL and more people here aren't wearing masks or are wearing them wrong that in Houston. Didn't expect that.

Geowhizzer

Had a meeting of school leadership yesterday.

My school/district is offering three options for parents:

1. Full face-to-face (governor wouldn't allow any blended online or face to face, so this is all five days a week)

2. "Home Connect" - Basically the students will "attend" a class virtually.  They must still follow the normal schedule.  Each core academic teacher will have one separate section of home connect per day.  Student remains enrolled in my school.

3. Virtual School - still district affiliated, but will be withdrawn from my school.

Students are locked into their choice for the full first quarter, unless given permission by the principal.

At this point, it looks like about 55-60% are returning to face-to-face.  Abut 30-35% are choosing Home Connect, and about 10% are choosing the virtual option.

Geowhizzer

Just remembered:  We'll have having students eating in the gym and outside tables in order to be able to properly social distance during lunch.

Masks are mandatory all day (other than lunch and outdoor PE).  Teachers are expected to sanitze desks between periods (There is supposedly a three-minute spray that does the job.  That'll be interesting, since we normally only have three minutes between periods.).  Bathrooms will be sanitized once per period on a rotating schedule.

All this in schools that are underfunded and understaffed.  This is going to be a clusterfarg.

General_Failure

Unless that spray is bleach, it isn't doing shtein.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

teachers: sanitation experts
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

time for a nationwide strike

just nope out ... farg these people
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger