We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1260290626677018636

Luckily in the classroom my students and I only talk in quiet voices and our classroom is open air outdoor where 25-30 kids aren't sitting a foot away from each other.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2020, 03:27:11 PM
im agreeing with him you stupid using memes that werent funny in 2007 farg

Then it matches you.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Munson

Cali announced yesterday state universities wouldn't be open for fall semester. I imagine we're gonna get a lot more announcements like that as we get into summer unless something drastic changes

Diomedes

I like the sound of the government sending me $6,000

I got bills to pay while I sit home allowing motherfargers to safely visit Disneyland
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I take a walk at the local spot.  Roads there all closed so people can have space.  There are some exercise machines / stations that are closed, taped off, etc.  Today, more than 15 or so dudes working out on them...not even attempting to put a brown bag over the bottle...just banging away at their workout....

What's the right thing to do?  Call the cops on these guys?  I ain't gonna try to reason with them.  I don't think they ought to be arrested.  But goddamn, they need to knock it off.

Almost all black dudes, too.  They got family at home, they got old ones, they are one of the communities being hit hardest....sigh
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

whatever just let the marginassi's of the world run wild. let them infect each other, kill each other, and we can have a more intelligent electorate going forward
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Is that case going higher, or is the Wisconsin decision a state specific thing and it's a done deal?

General_Failure

It went into effect immediately.

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1260694987789877249

In potentially better news, Sitting in a freezer for years, potential SARS vaccine now ready for trial on usefulness against coronavirus

QuoteThe SARS vaccine, known as RBD219N1, was developed by Bottazzi and colleague Peter Hotez, co-director of Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development.

It works by targeting the key mechanism used by both SARS and the new coronavirus to infect cells.

Both viruses use their spike protein to dock onto the outside of human cells, specifically onto one part of the cell, a receptor called ACE-2. Once the protein has docked, the virus is then able to penetrate the cells.

The vaccine hinders this connection between the virus and human cell by blocking the portion of the spike protein that latches onto an ACE-2 receptor.

Bottazzi said the vaccine has been tested on animals. It has also been tested successfully on a pseudovirus, a lab-made virus that closely resembles SARS-CoV-2 but is incapable of causing disease.

General_Failure

But in definitely worse news, Virus 'eminently capable' of spreading through speech: study

QuoteResearchers at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) had a person loudly repeat the phrase "Stay healthy" for 25 seconds inside a closed box.

A laser projected into the box illuminated droplets, allowing them to be seen and counted.

They stayed in the air for an average of 12 minutes, the study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) showed.

Taking into account the known concentration of coronavirus in saliva, scientists estimated that each minute of loudly speaking can generate more than 1,000 virus-containing droplets capable of remaining airborne for eight minutes or more in a closed space.

Diomedes

SD

Finally got my haircut. Feel like $100. Guy getting his hair cut when I walked in was an off duty Philly cop. Lady told me she gets at least two cops a day. Go lockdown