Guess who thinks the Eagle need to run more?

Started by MURP, October 06, 2005, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

link

QuoteMcNabb says Eagles will have to run soon

By REUBEN FRANK
phillyBurbs.com

PHILADELPHIA - At some point soon, the Eagles will have to run the football.

According to the quarterback, off all people.

Donovan McNabb, who's on pace to break NFL records for pass attempts, completions and yards in a season, said yesterday the Eagles can't keep throwing the ball at their current pace.

Through four games, the Eagles have thrown on 72 percent of their plays and run on 28 percent. Brian Westbrook, a Pro Bowl running back last year, has rushed for 219 yards but has only 49 carries, 26th-most in the NFL.

"When you come to November and December, running the ball is key," McNabb said yesterday. "In tough games, you need to be able to pick up yards in the running attack, whether it's keeping the clock moving, moving the chains or keeping their offense off the field. That is exactly what you need.

"Come playoff time, you have to be ready to run the ball. Obviously, passing is great, but when it comes down to four minutes in the game, up by 10, you have to ice the clock, keep it inbounds, keep the ball moving and secure the win."

Despite throwing 174 passes in four games, McNabb said he's dealing with his lower abdominal strain as best as he can.

He practiced yesterday again and hasn't missed a day of work since the Wednesday before the Raiders game.

"As of right now, it's at a point where it's easy, I can handle it," he said. "But there will be times where you come in on a Monday and Tuesday and can't even walk."

McNabb said he's learned the past two weeks that extra stretching and flexibility work can help him and said he felt a lot better against the Chiefs Sunday than he did a week earlier against Oakland.

"After that game we kind of reassessed a lot of different things, made sure we're stretching well and get some of the swelling out so you don't feel like you're tight," he said.

"This past weekend I spent a lot of time with flexibility and getting the swelling out, and I was able to move around a little bit more in Kansas City. And that's going to be our approach every week, just trying to come out, get the swelling out, being loose and ready to go."

rjs246

So wait, the Eagles should run the ball more? Huh.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

it's a smokescreen. right now reid is figuring out how to legally throw the ball 125% of the plays. get read for a lot of laterals.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Pfft!  McNabb's a Hoyda.  :puke

Throw the ball more, Andy!  If candy ass Donovan won't throw it, put Koy in!

Feva

QuoteMcNabb said he's learned the past two weeks that extra stretching and flexibility work can help him and said he felt a lot better against the Chiefs Sunday than he did a week earlier against Oakland.

"After that game we kind of reassessed a lot of different things, made sure we're stretching well and get some of the swelling out so you don't feel like you're tight," he said.

"This past weekend I spent a lot of time with flexibility and getting the swelling out, and I was able to move around a little bit more in Kansas City. And that's going to be our approach every week, just trying to come out, get the swelling out, being loose and ready to go."

So wait... lemme get this straight.  McNabb's going to do some extra stretching to get some of the swelling out so he feels better?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Larry

Sorry, no more room on the chart for running plays.  Just keep throwing to TO.
More Mahe please.

TexasEagle

Quote from: Larry on October 06, 2005, 12:12:41 PM

Run the ball? Are you out of your mind, look at all of these passing plays we haven't tried yet!

General_Failure

"Yeah, I guess we could hand off the ball to Parry from the 4 wide singeback. You know what would be even better? If we threw a dumpoff to him. You're good at those, right?"

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

Hey, Let's give them all something to bitch about, start passing with your left hand.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Feva

"Hey, don't tell anyone... but we're gonna pass this time."
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

"You want the brocoli in garlic sauce and some egg rolls, right? Okay, go see what TO wants. Hey, no lip mister. Go see what he wants."

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous