The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

The only good thing about social media right now is that stuff like that will go viral.

Diomedes

social media is pretty good if you're a spiritual relative of Goebbels
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

central park karen fired and lost her dog already.  thank god for cell phones.

General_Failure

She'll probably start a gofundme and get thousands out of it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Diomedes

Farrakhan ain't done shtein to fight racism.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

MDS

you dont get it though

they were white so it was fine
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The tea was black.  It had it coming. 

Diomedes

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 28, 2020, 07:44:52 PM
Thoughts?

Looks like Twitter nonsense to me.   I mean, you can talk about anything if you have enough wine and good company but, whatever.

Is he responding to people complaining about the monetary damage?

I'm no historian so correct me if I'm wrong, but no one took the tea home.  And they didn't smash the plate glass of the tailors and barbers and bakeries and cobblers and insurance agents, either.

That OG riot wasn't nearly as personal as these are.  People today are enraged.  They aren't plotting a political message.  These aren't considered actions.  Destroying property at the small shop in the neighborhood is a totally different social statement than throwing a commodity in the water. 

I hope the cops and Guard will show restraint and focus on limiting violence between people.  A lot of lowlifes come out of the woodwork during chaotic periods...if we can keep them from hurting everyone else...maybe good comes from this.

Boston Tea insurrection was not the tragedy this already looks like.  So much self harm.

Those are my thoughts. 

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on May 28, 2020, 08:59:10 PM
I hope the cops and Guard will show restraint and focus on limiting violence between people.

I wonder if there's some way we can find out what the likely reaction from these police will be based on previous behavior.

PhillyPhreak54

It wouldn't be a big deal if they were white MAGAts with guns in state capitols