2008-09 Championship Round

Started by BigEd76, January 11, 2009, 07:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

POLLS GALORE!

Most notably, Andy Reid is currently leading the poll for "Which coach would you most want preparing your team for a Conference Championship game?" with 44% of the vote.  Mike Tomlin had 40%, and the others are dangling.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteSUGGS COULD MISS TITLE FIGHT
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2009, 7:36 a.m.

Come next season, the Ravens might have to get used to life without linebacker/defensive end Terrell Suggs, since they have only one franchise tag and three guys (Suggs, Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott) preparing to hit the open market if they aren't re-signed.

The Ravens might have to get used to live without Suggs even earlier than that, if the shoulder he injured against the Titans on Saturday won't allow him to play in Pittsburgh this coming Sunday.

Per Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times (he's also been known to go slumming these days with less reputable Internet-only publications), Suggs says he'll be able to play.  But coach John Harbaugh is less optimistic.

"I'm not going to sit here and say it's positive, or we're happy about it," Harbaugh said Monday, after Suggs had an MRI exam of the injured shoulder.  "We'll just see how it goes.  It's going to be close.  He's going to work real hard to try to get back.  That's all we know."

To keep Suggs out, however, the Ravens might have to physically restrain him.

"Check my track record, I don't miss games," Suggs said Saturday, after a game in which he didn't return after suffering the injury.  "The only way I wouldn't be there is if I didn't have air in my lungs.  I'm playing.  It's nothing.  What did I tell y'all?  I don't even feel it now."

Huge absence for BAL if he can't go....

Diomedes

With any luck he'll stay out of the game, they'll win anyway, he'll stay out of the SB, spend the off season healing up and then the Eagles will pay a kings ransom to steal him from the other 31 teams who would die to have his services.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

my initial reaction is that i'd rather face the steelers than the ravens because balt's d is playing lights out...but i'm already sick of hearing about the friggin steelers.
farg them.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

I'm starting to waver on who I would rather see them face as well...

After seeing Parker look like he is back to his old form and Roethlisberger much more dangerous than Flacco at this stage, I think I would rather take my shot against the Ravens and Flacco's 44% passing.

I'm sick of hearing about the both of them though. Flacco's sack must be dragging on the floor from the weight of everyone swinging on it.

I hope they beat the shtein out of each other on Sunday and somehow BAL wins.

ice grillin you

eagle are gonna beat whoever they play thus i would much rather face the steelers since i hate then 1000 times more than the ravens
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I'd like to see the Eagles beat Arizona.  Then the Steelers for the reason vigy just said.

But I'd also like to see Baltimore beat Pittsburgh at Heinz.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

How about if Baltimore beats the piss out of the Steelers, but the Steelers somehow win the game?

Diomedes

if the beating is brutal AND the victory comes by way of the referees, deal

Diomedes

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

GF got tricky with the mod-only delete post function there

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

back button FTW

Quote from: General_Failure on January 13, 2009, 01:13:53 PMFlagrantly bad pass interference call on Polamalu should cover it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Big Brother is watching... and occasionally covering his own tracks.

P.S.  May I please have my post count reset a la rjs?  It's clearly worked out for him, and I want to give it a try.