Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

i saw Anchorman last night...and i wasnt overly impressed by it.

it had some really funny scenes in it. but really wasnt cohesively funny all the way through.

allthough i loved Brick Tamland. "I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party." :-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mikey418

Rented "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"....and it actually was REALLY funny.  A definite watch for those fans of movies like Road Trip, Half Baked, etc.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

BigEd76

Quote"Girlfriend should have stayed dead."
-- David Foucher, EDGE BOSTON

:-D

Daredevil wasn't that great either...

MURP

Harold and Kumar was pretty damn funny.  A good old stoner comedy.   

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on January 14, 2005, 10:26:23 AM
Harold and Kumar was pretty damn funny.  A good old stoner comedy.   

I can't believe how funny that movie was. I didn't even want to see it and it was hilarious.

Doogie Houser doing lines off a chicks ass while the car was flying by? lmfao
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ILLEAGLE

I finally saw Taxi Driver this week. For such a long time people I know were shocked when I told them I hadn't seen it. Now I'm hooked. DeNiro is one of my favorite actors and I had no idea that Cybil Shepherd looked that dope when she was younger.

I also saw Shaun of the Dead. FWIW, I liked it. I'm not really into gore movies. Even though it was a satire. I didn't expect it to be that funny.
"Focus. The only means to see me back to life's unending swirl. A reversal of passing away, as the world of dead, as away is now my origin..."   ---Meshuggah

PoopyfaceMcGee

"Harold & Kumar" is the next movie in our Netflix queue (when they receive "Collateral"), and "The Village" should be arriving today.

:yay

General_Failure

You'll fall asleep before The Village ever gets interesting.

The man. The myth. The legend.

NGM

The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou was awesome.  If you are a fan of Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums (Wes Anderson) you will love this flick.  :yay
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

Quote from: ILLEAGLE on January 14, 2005, 01:39:08 PM
I finally saw Taxi Driver this week. For such a long time people I know were shocked when I told them I hadn't seen it. Now I'm hooked. DeNiro is one of my favorite actors and I had no idea that Cybil Shepherd looked that dope when she was younger.

I also saw Shaun of the Dead. FWIW, I liked it. I'm not really into gore movies. Even though it was a satire. I didn't expect it to be that funny.

I saw Shaun of the Dead also.  What to say about this film?  Well I think I experienced all ranges of emotion.  Although most of the time i was laughing, at the end it got weird with his mom.  But overall it was damn funny.  The zombies are so stupid.  :-D

Also rented Hero.  I wasn't that impressed w/ the story.  Cinemaphotography was excellant and the fighting sequences were great.  Story didn't do it for me.  Crouching Tiger was way better I thought. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

henchmanUK

Quote from: henchmanUK on December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM
???

Team America: World Police isn't coming out here until the middle of Jan!  :boom

I saw it last night! ROFLMMAO! :-D America! FARG YEAH!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MURP

A vid clip of Napolean Dynamite on David Letterman doing the top 10 list.   link

mussa

Quote from: MURP on January 22, 2005, 06:28:25 PM
A vid clip of Napolean Dynamite on David Letterman doing the top 10 list.   link
:-D :-D :-D
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

cj2112

Over the weekend I saw a few movies:

"Open Water" - simply awful.
"The Bicycle Thief" - great.
"Dodgeball" - completely awful.

and "Sideways" - fantastic.

mikey418

Just saw a few movies this weekend in prep for the snow storm

The Terminal - awesome movie....enjoyed it more than I thought
The Forgotten - very different movie...but very good
Anacondas Hunt for the Blood Orchid - nothing special...just what I expected
EuroTrip - funny movie...if you like Road Trip/Old School, worth the 2 bucks to rent.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett