The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

thanks for the suggestions but its just not happening...i cant risk something that expensive and big falling...i mean if i had to pay someone perhaps id try to do it myself but my boy is going to do it for me

the mirror is like 5.5 x 2 feet....maybe 6 x 2
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quoteyou don't need a stud finder.  they are 16 inches apart.  look at the base molding (the strip of wood on the floor).  you'll see the indents where it was nailed..those nails are going to be in the studs.  find one and then knock on the wall above it to make sure you get a solid sound.  then follow out 16 inches in each direction and do the same.  you'll find the studs easily.

although I always knew to knock on the wall for the stud sound, never knew it was standard 16 in apart..as well as the base molding scoop

tip of the day...good lookin

Diomedes

you can also just look at the wall.  depending how well done/how old/which fasteners were used, you can see the stud locations just by knwing what to look for.  if it's a sloppy job, or nails were used instead of screws, you'll be able to see the divets where the mud work was poorly done, or the bumps where the nails have popped.  once you find one, look up and down above and below it to see if you can spy another...likely you can.  once you've identified one stud, you can measure over to the next, and confirm your location by looking for more divets/popped nails, knocking, etc.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

i have a stud finder and it beeps every time i get near it. 

Sgt PSN

also, go to lowes and pick up a laser level.  i got one for under $50 a couple years ago.  pretty sure it's a black and decker.  it also has a stud finder with it as well. 

it's great for picture hanging, especially when you've got larger pictures that may require multiple nails or screws to hold it in place. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 04, 2009, 11:01:48 AM
booooo
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 04, 2009, 11:06:53 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 04, 2009, 11:01:48 AM
booooo

at least it doesn't whistle like you do. 

Diomedes

stud finders and lasers work too, if you want to spend money
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

so sunny left behind a bud lime at my house when he was visiting a couple weeks ago and i decided to take the plunge while cooking out last night

its was less putrid than i thought it would be and i was actually able to finish it but its just not beer...if i want a beer ill drink a beer and if i want lime ill have a margarita or something

in other words there really no reason for it to exist other than sun's drinking pleasure

General_Failure

Maybe you should have put it in the fridge when he left.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Drinks from this weekend:

Friday night - Bud Light Lime
Saturday morning - Bud Light Lime
Saturday lunch - Tropicolada
Saturday afternoon - 7&7
Saturday night - Modelo Especial
Sunday morning - Modelo Especial
Sunday lunch - Coors Light

Could my life be any better?

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

it should have ended with you drowning during a shark attack
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm feeling a lot of positive energy from you guys.  It's great.  It's all great.

ice grillin you

on my vacation next week im going to attempt to make top shelf homemade margaritas...this morning i went out and got real cane sugar...not already granulated cane but like this

which im going to make simple syrup out of...i also got a $75 bottle of tequila

i was going to get cointreau but the customer service rep at my liquor store told me to get grand imperial orange liquor instead...i noticed this stuff was 19 dollars for a fifth while a 375 ml of cointreau was 22 bucks...the cointreau must be better right...cust svc guy says no he actually prefers the grand imperial but they are at least equal...so i say thanks and take it still not believing him and go to a store manager where i explain that im not questioning his staff but i find it hard to believe that the liquor which is three dollars cheaper and double the amount is better...he also swears it is and he himself uses it for margaritas...moral of the story is for anyone that uses cointreau in their home bar the call now is to go with grand imperial orange liqueur....at least until i actually taste it