The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2009, 06:24:17 PM
simple syrup = real sugar and real lime juice = limes nub

Quote from: reese125 on May 02, 2009, 04:12:04 PM
my evening will consist of drinking homemade mint juleps and mojitos followed by sitting in that corner right there drunk on CF fighting with Munson until 3am..suckas..
fixed

me: have any luck scoopin newport shorts tonight youngin

trash bag: u can mak aneething u wants up but my mom inszt fat and ivey nevvvr somcedd ink my hole ligfe so keeep tawlkihngd sghit u fat moththers fargkkers

I can't wait to be as old and bitter as you.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

you need more art on those walls
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Jim Beam??

Crown Royal FTW.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on May 03, 2009, 06:54:49 AM

ha...definitely

we have a huge mirror to put on the wall but im a loser and dont know how to hang it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MadMarchHare

I wouldn't call it scotch either, but I'm a snob.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Jim Beam is fine for mixing. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MadMarchHare on May 03, 2009, 07:25:45 PM
I wouldn't call it scotch either, but I'm a snob.
shut your face
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 03, 2009, 10:23:02 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on May 03, 2009, 06:54:49 AM

ha...definitely

we have a huge mirror to put on the wall but im a loser and dont know how to hang it

+

General_Failure

Shouldn't he drill out a hole first so he doesn't break the glass?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

thanks for ruining it. 

ice grillin you

its a gigantic mirror and i think it needs more than just a nail....plus i dont have a stud finder...im completely worthless when it comes to home fixin/puttin up shtein...it will sit in my garage until my man can come over and do it

Diomedes

you don't need a stud finder.  they are 16 inches apart.  look at the base molding (the strip of wood on the floor).  you'll see the indents where it was nailed..those nails are going to be in the studs.  find one and then knock on the wall above it to make sure you get a solid sound.  then follow out 16 inches in each direction and do the same.  you'll find the studs easily.

for a large mirror you're gonna probably need to use a rail to hang it on, and a tube of adhesive

but yeah, considering your skillset and confidence level, maybe it's best to wait until your man friend can help you

SD_Eagle5

igy how bigs the mirror? We have a 7 ft. one we just lean up against the wall in our bedroom. Our apt. complex won't let us attach brackets to the wall, which means I can't hang my flat screen, mirror etc.

If the mirror is only a few feet in height and width go to Lowe's/Home Depot and buy a wire to attach to it. Hammer two nails in the wall as even as you can get and hang it by the wire. The mirror should have something in the back that you can attach the wire too, just make sure the wire will support the weight. For our living room mirror I guessed it weighed around 50lbs. but bought a 100lbs wire just in case.