The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Thought about that...we'll see how it goes. I might be thinking drinking night, and they might be thinking half a glass of wine. Hard to tell until the night gets rolling.

hbionic

What kind of music will be playing? I picture some lounge music (electronica), latin jazz, or some Michael Buble. Am I close?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

I've got some friends who perform professionally, and they'll be playing. Still working out the set list, but it'll be a range of stuff, but there will be some jazzy, bluesy stuff, for sure.

Diomedes

I'm thinking more like buena vista social club/gypsy kings/rodrigo y gabriela
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

It'll run the gamut. If things get slow, I even have a really talented guitar guy on hand who can flat-out shred ;-).

Diomedes

If things get slow you should break out the cocaine and the baby oil.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

I wouldn't even know where to get baby oil. Do they mash up babies to make that?

General_Failure

Yes, but you should buy a baby press to get the good oil.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

True.  Not all the extra virgin baby oil in the U.S. market is actually extra, and some of it isn't even virgin.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Zanshin on January 25, 2012, 04:02:54 PM
It'll run the gamut. If things get slow, I even have a really talented guitar guy on hand who can flat-out shred ;-).

I'm sure there's only so far you can go with a hurdy gurdy and a monkey.

Munson

Taht diablo rojo song is sick
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 12, 2012, 09:17:56 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2012, 08:31:30 PM
does anyone know if ouzo is an acceptable replacement for pernod as a cocktail ingrediant

Yeah, you should be good.   

last couple weekends ive made a few sazeracs and at least in that drink ouzo doesnt quite cut it...perhaps because a sazerac is known for its stubborness
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

my old fashioneds tonight...

the players

sugar - bitters - h2o

muddle that jonhson

mmmmm rye

get fruity

chill out and stir

one love

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The farg is wrong with you?

Diomedes

do this for fifty other drinks, replete with wannabe street slang, and you've got yourself a cocktail blog the likes of which the ghetto never seen

you'll be rich, bitch!