The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

it's ludicrous how much snow we've got

dangerous, really.  people need to keep their SUVs parked and leave the roads to the plows, firetrucks police and amulances.  people's lives are literally at risk
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Quote from: Diomedes on February 06, 2010, 11:52:51 AM

dangerous, really.  people need to keep their SUVs parked and leave the roads to the plows, firetrucks police and amulances.  people's lives are literally at risk

Did the authorities make that call yet? I remember they did during the blizzard in 96.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 06, 2010, 11:52:51 AM

i love/hate how people with big trucks and suv's think it makes them impervious to the dangers of driving in snow and you see them going up and down the roads and highways at full speed and sometimes even faster than that. 

i don't care how much experience you (think you) have or how big and badass (you think) your truck is, driving in snowy/icy conditions means you should leave a little earlier if you need to head out, give yourself a little more time to get there and ease off the freaking gas. 

PhillyGirl

Just picked up and is coming down a LOT heavier again.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

watching the nova/hoya game and D.C. doesn't look that bad as far as snow fall. it definetly doesn't look like igy's porch  :o

General_Failure

And if you see a kid walking out there, and they want to hang off your tailgate or rear fender or bumper for a fun ride, slow the hell down so they can get a grip.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

i'm surprised igy is loving this as much as he is considering everything around him is so white. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2010, 10:58:37 AM
2+ feet of snow?  i'd suggest that pg tie a rope around her waist before venturing outside. 

hardy har.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2010, 12:09:36 PM
i'm surprised igy is loving this as much as he is considering everything around him is so white. 

If we go by his name, he's obviously been waiting for weather like this so he can barbecue his neighbors.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 06, 2010, 12:10:00 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2010, 10:58:37 AM
2+ feet of snow?  i'd suggest that pg tie a rope around her waist before venturing outside. 

hardy har.

there's nothing funny about getting lost in a snow drift. 

Seabiscuit36

Really picked up. Can't see 30 feet outside.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

just talked to my parents in Hershey, the storm has ended and they ended up with 22". They were supposed to get 7"-10"

Susquehanna Birder

Yep...it finally stopped here, too. The wind is starting to pick up.