The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

we dont pay for electric because peco doesnt seem to care so let it rain with ac baby
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 26, 2009, 09:20:01 PM
Every year I fight with the women about putting the air on. I'd rather sweat it out and run the fan, she loves the air. I gave in tonight. She wins.

Interesting. Its the opposite with me. My girl is ALWAYS cold. I can't sleep unless I have the air on set to 70. But she buries herself in about 20 blankets. I keep it at 75 during the day, but at night it has to be at 70.

And speaking of electric bills...I haven't gotten one in 6 months.

I've called Direct Energy about 5 times and still nothing. So I've been sending in 50 bucks every two weeks to have a credit on hand for when they eventually send out that big bill.

SD_Eagle5

$50? Our electric bill is $200+ every month and we live in an apartment. PECO sends us a letter telling us they're shutting us off if we're even 1 month behind. Even when we don't run the air/heat it's still the same. We went away for a week on vacation once so I unplugged everything thinking I could save a few bucks, but bill was just as high. I have all the energy saver light bulbs and crap too. I think the problem is our apartment complex, because other neighbors have complained that their bill was also ridiculously high. When I lived in SD our monthly bill for a 2 bedroom apartment was around $50.

mussa

We had to turn the AC on last night because the upstairs was 85 degrees in the house. Its freakin April and we have the AC on.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 27, 2009, 08:51:11 AM
$50? Our electric bill is $200+ every month and we live in an apartment. PECO sends us a letter telling us they're shutting us off if we're even 1 month behind. Even when we don't run the air/heat it's still the same. We went away for a week on vacation once so I unplugged everything thinking I could save a few bucks, but bill was just as high. I have all the energy saver light bulbs and crap too. I think the problem is our apartment complex, because other neighbors have complained that their bill was also ridiculously high. When I lived in SD our monthly bill for a 2 bedroom apartment was around $50.

Yeah, something is fishy there. You should request that they come out and check your meter. Normally my bill is about 65-80 bucks a month. One month it shot up to 130 and I had them come out and check the meter and it was jacked up.

I have a 2 bedroom apartment that faces north, so I don't get the sun in the morning or afternoon so it doesn't get too stuffy in here. That helps keep the bill lower.

I'm going to send 50 every two weeks, so when I get the bill whatever the difference is will not be that high. I'm shocked they haven't sent me a bill even after I've called about 5 times telling them they haven't billed me.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mussa on April 27, 2009, 09:56:57 AM
We had to turn the AC on last night because the upstairs was 85 degrees in the house. Its freakin April and we have the AC on.

here too. I just could not stand it anymore.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

I bitch constantly about Boston's weather. It finally gets warm and what happens? My eyes swell shut and my nose expels gallons of snot.

FML
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

I have a black car, and it was yellow yesterday.  Tree Pollen fargs me up
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Quote from: rjs246 on April 27, 2009, 11:16:27 AM
I bitch constantly about Boston's weather. It finally gets warm and what happens? My eyes swell shut and my nose expels gallons of snot.

FML

sounds like bacon flu. killyourself
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

Quote from: mussa on April 27, 2009, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on April 27, 2009, 11:16:27 AM

FML

sounds like bacon flu. killyourself

Don't you mean cook yourself?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

shorebird

91 degree projected high today. The friggen' polland is so thick my car looks yellow. I'm turning my AC on just so I don't have to breathe that crap.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: shorebird on April 27, 2009, 02:31:37 PM
91 degree projected high today. The friggen' polland is so thick my car looks yellow. I'm turning my AC on just so I don't have to breathe that crap.

the what?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee