The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Irma is a strong bitch

Hopefully it twists away from the east coast and goes back to sea

General_Failure

Or just shreds its way down Florida and kills half of us. I'm good with either.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

You guys can have it. I'm hurricaned out

SD

Know what would be really funny...if Irma dramatically went off course and hit Texas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on September 01, 2017, 09:14:52 PM
Know what would be really funny...if Irma dramatically went off course and hit Texas.

Someone made up a fake forecast showing that and spread it on social media.

In reality, it wouldn't be off-course to hit Texas. At this point it's so far away that you can't rule it out. It's taken some turns today that put it on a more southerly path (more likely to hit land) but it's so far out there that a prediction is meaningless.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on September 01, 2017, 09:14:52 PM

I won't be here. I'll be staying with you. Deal?

SD

You can stay with Baby momma. Although personally I'd rather deal with another hurricane

Diomedes

You can stay with me bro. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Thank you Dio!!

Actually if that storm turns you guys up in the NE may be looking to split

QB Eagles

Mostly good news on Irma today, as the environment the hurricane will be passing through now looks less favorable to strengthening into a strong Cat 4 or 5. It's also a physically small storm, so the area that would be exposed to high winds isn't huge.

But if you want to freak out super prematurely, here's a series of model runs showing it mostly hitting the Outer Banks as a Cat 3 in about 200 hours. And there's that one track showing it hitting Rome with roughly Cat 5 level pressure during the Eagles-Chiefs game.

Tomahawk

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 01, 2017, 11:45:37 AM
Not something worth paying a lot lot of attention to before Tuesday or so, but Hurricane Irma looks like it could be a Category 4 or 5 threat to land.

Here's a projection of it hanging off the coast with a Cat 5 pressure level on Sept 11.

This is obviously an attack by Isis; we need to declare war on weather

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 02, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
Mostly good news on Irma today, as the environment the hurricane will be passing through now looks less favorable to strengthening into a strong Cat 4 or 5. It's also a physically small storm, so the area that would be exposed to high winds isn't huge.

But if you want to freak out super prematurely, here's a series of model runs showing it mostly hitting the Outer Banks as a Cat 3 in about 200 hours. And there's that one track showing it hitting Rome with roughly Cat 5 level pressure during the Eagles-Chiefs game.

I need daily updates here QB
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

That map is actually updating every 6 hours I think. Which is why what I said no longer matches the graphic.

Unless you're going to the Bahamas this week no one should be too scared yet.

PhillyPhreak54

It shifted west overnight

It's gonna hit the gulf isn't it?