Week 3 - Lions: Everyone Is Injured

Started by MDS, September 16, 2019, 12:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 22, 2019, 04:59:29 PM
They're playing like a 9-7?team.

Flip it, and you're probably right in how they look NOW.

They'll probably end up better than they look right now.  But it's becoming obvious that even if Jackson and Jeffrey come back, this defense is missing something.  And, sadly, it's more than one CB can fix.

PhillyPhreak54

Loss to Saints x Alshon drop
Loss to Falcons x Agholor drop
Loss to Lions x JJAW drop

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 22, 2019, 05:01:28 PM
Loss to Saints x Alshon drop
Loss to Falcons x Agholor drop
Loss to Lions x JJAW drop

MDS

someone took a dump in the row of seats above us

do with that what you will
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2019, 05:13:19 PM
someone took a dump in the row of seats above us

do with that what you will

Was that Agholor or Sanders?

Don Ho

Well they did say Peters wasn't feeling well
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

The inability to come through on normal plays killed them. The clutch plays/catches killed them too but just the normal stuff killed them.  Game over.

MDS

you can look at the drops, lack of pass rush, kick return, two fumbles, etc

but carson has had 2 drives to win games the last 2 weeks and didnt get it done on either. this is the thing that separates the men from the boys. and ol carse is coming up small.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2019, 06:05:13 PM
you can look at the drops, lack of pass rush, kick return, two fumbles, etc

but carson has had 2 drives to win games the last 2 weeks and didnt get it done on either. this is the thing that separates the men from the boys. and ol carse is coming up small.

I'm curious as to how you assign blame when his passes were dropped that would've won the games

MDS

not at all blaming carson. theres a 100 reasons they lost.

just saying. good qbs win games in those spots. they find ways. he didnt.

phattymatty

I would say that as a QB, drilling your WR in the hands in the end zone during the final minute is pretty close to an ideal outcome.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on September 22, 2019, 07:06:15 PM
I would say that as a QB, drilling your WR in the hands in the end zone during the final minute is pretty close to an ideal outcome.

A good QB would have made sure the WR didn't drop it.

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2019, 06:17:14 PM
not at all blaming carson. theres a 100 reasons they lost.

just saying. good qbs win games in those spots. they find ways. he didnt.

Yeah no

General_Failure

Wentz has been missing throws this year, and maybe trying to get some of his receivers killed, but when the game is on the line and the ball hits your hands maybe you should catch it.

The man. The myth. The legend.