The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

this made me laugh:

QuoteDominic West: When are they making the movie? That's what I wanna know. We were desperately trying to get one together, but David said it would have to be a prequel—which is all right for the black guys. But whitey? You know whitey will need a bit of surgery to look younger than he did 10 years ago.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i like this one....

QuoteUnlike most TV series, The Wire filmed on the streets it depicted, and many of the New York–, L.A.-, and London-based cast and crew were quickly given a taste of life in Baltimore.

Andre Royo: They called me and told me I got the part of Bubbles, and my wife got excited. "Oh, shtein! You got the part!" Packing her bag for L.A., and I'm like, "Nah, nah, we filming in Baltimore." And she unpacked real quickly: "I'll see you when you come home."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

ooh ooh my turn

QuoteMichael B. Jordan (Wallace, Barksdale gang dealer): This is some real shtein. It was real to the point where crackheads would come up and try to cop. I had fake money, and they would come over, and an exchange would go down. I would think they were part of the crew, and I'd make the exchange. Then security would come around and be like, "No! No! No!" and break it up. I was like, "Oh, shtein! That's really a crack-head! I'm sorry! I'm not really a drug dealer!"

ice grillin you

shes sounds so disappointed...

QuoteFelicia "Snoop" Pearson (Snoop, Stanfield gang enforcer): I never imagined myself on-screen, shooting a gun, even though they're blanks.

MDS

i came when i read it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

amazing getting everyone to talk...but it should have been longer.

in fact someone should do a flat out wire doc. ken burns style.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed.

Or pester Simon to do the movie.

MDS

if they do a movie i will move to houston and sell my soul to some republican oil baron

everything i know will be dead so i might as well go out in style

ice grillin you

a movie would be an awful idea and i would be shocked if it ever happened as thats so not david simon

SD

Pretty much and what would be the point unless they were doing some sort of prequel and that wouldn't work because the actors are older and they already did a bunch of short films regarding a young Omar/Prop Joe/when/how Mcnulty and Bunk met etc.

MDS

a movie goes against everything that the show is and stands for

what the farg is a prequel going to be about. what the farg else can they say. the show was the goat and its over. the 5 seasons stand on their own.

ice grillin you

i think they might be worried abut game of thrones going down as the goat and they wanna come back with a movie to show who is king

MDS

they didnt take the bait after season 2 of jericho, im pretty sure they wont now

General_Failure

You guys should totally start up some The Wire conventions for people to attend.

The man. The myth. The legend.